See JetBlue’s and Southwest’s New Gates at SFO’s Harvey Milk Terminal 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and Southwest Airlines have moved operations at San Francisco International (SFO) to the airport’s new Harvey Milk Terminal 1. Overnight from Monday to Tuesday, the two airlines shifted their gates to the new terminal, which is part of the overall Terminal 1.
JetBlue said its first service from the new facility — flight 16 to New York JFK — departed this morning, from gate B6. That B6 also happens to be airline’s two-letter code, so it would have been “flight B6 16 departing from gate B6.”
JetBlue’s spot in the new terminal comes with its first two dedicated gates, B6 and B7, in the carrier’s 12 years at SFO. JetBlue flights will also depart out of a shared third gate in the terminal, B8.
Both airlines trotted out decorations and snacks to mark the occasion.
In the images below shared by JetBlue, you can see the airy new gate areas.
Chaise longues for relaxation overlooking the tarmac are rare touch outside of a lounge.
JetBlue operates non-stop services to Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), Long Beach (LGB), and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from SFO. Southwest serves dozens of domestic destinations from SFO.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.