See JetBlue’s and Southwest’s New Gates at SFO’s Harvey Milk Terminal 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and Southwest Airlines have moved operations at San Francisco International (SFO) to the airport’s new Harvey Milk Terminal 1. Overnight from Monday to Tuesday, the two airlines shifted their gates to the new terminal, which is part of the overall Terminal 1.
JetBlue said its first service from the new facility — flight 16 to New York JFK — departed this morning, from gate B6. That B6 also happens to be airline’s two-letter code, so it would have been “flight B6 16 departing from gate B6.”
JetBlue’s spot in the new terminal comes with its first two dedicated gates, B6 and B7, in the carrier’s 12 years at SFO. JetBlue flights will also depart out of a shared third gate in the terminal, B8.
Both airlines trotted out decorations and snacks to mark the occasion.
In the images below shared by JetBlue, you can see the airy new gate areas.
Chaise longues for relaxation overlooking the tarmac are rare touch outside of a lounge.
JetBlue operates non-stop services to Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), Long Beach (LGB), and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from SFO. Southwest serves dozens of domestic destinations from SFO.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees