See JetBlue’s and Southwest’s New Gates at SFO’s Harvey Milk Terminal 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and Southwest Airlines have moved operations at San Francisco International (SFO) to the airport’s new Harvey Milk Terminal 1. Overnight from Monday to Tuesday, the two airlines shifted their gates to the new terminal, which is part of the overall Terminal 1.
JetBlue said its first service from the new facility — flight 16 to New York JFK — departed this morning, from gate B6. That B6 also happens to be airline’s two-letter code, so it would have been “flight B6 16 departing from gate B6.”
JetBlue’s spot in the new terminal comes with its first two dedicated gates, B6 and B7, in the carrier’s 12 years at SFO. JetBlue flights will also depart out of a shared third gate in the terminal, B8.
Both airlines trotted out decorations and snacks to mark the occasion.
In the images below shared by JetBlue, you can see the airy new gate areas.
Chaise longues for relaxation overlooking the tarmac are rare touch outside of a lounge.
JetBlue operates non-stop services to Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), Long Beach (LGB), and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) from SFO. Southwest serves dozens of domestic destinations from SFO.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees