This secret password will unlock bonus treats at Kimpton hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kimpton is the playful and sociable brand within IHG. The brand as a whole generally makes for a fun hotel stay due to its unique atmosphere — plus neat inclusions, such as an evening happy hour. But a few times per year, Kimpton takes the fun up a few notches with a secret password that unlocks extra goodies. Now, a new password has returned just in time for the holiday season!
The new Kimpton social password is “stay human,” which I suppose is pretty good advice. We don’t need a bunch of travel robots walking around. The password is in effect until Feb. 16, 2020.
Two words: social password. It’s *almost* back! Just say ‘Stay Human’ at check-in, starting Friday November 29th through February 16th, for a fun surprise from the front desk. ???? via Instagram @ebiehepworth pic.twitter.com/gqK6tzWqZz
— Kimpton (@Kimpton) November 27, 2019
TPG readers have reported weaving the secret phrase into their check-in conversation to be both fun and rewarding. However, if the check-in agent is a little surprised or confused with the password, just let them know you saw it on Kimpton’s official Twitter account and hopefully the manager on duty will know what to do.
My family has used the secret password at the Hotel Monaco Denver, which resulted in the kiddos each getting to spin the prize wheel to win a free in-room movie and snacks!
Other Kimpton social password surprises we have heard of in the past include:
- A bottle of wine
- Comped parking
- Branded coffee mug
- Two drinks at the on-site bar
- Doubled Raid the Bar credit
- Room upgrade
- $30 dining credit
- Breakfast vouchers
- Hot chocolate kit
- In-room movie
- Free IHG points
On top of whatever treats the password unlocks, remember that Gold Elite, Platinum Elite and Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club members get a Raid the Bar credit when staying at a Kimpton property.
Related: Best hotel credit cards
If that interests you, the easiest way to quickly earn IHG elite status is through the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which provides Platinum Elite status. The card has an $89 annual fee, but the annual fee essentially pays for itself if you make use of the annual free night benefit.
But, it doesn’t take any elite status or credit cards to say two magic words at your next Kimpton check-in to see what sort of magic is unlocked: “Stay Human”.
Featured image of the Kimpton Seafire by Scott Mayerowitz / The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.