This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ahh, life is “suite” indeed with Kimpton hotels. The beloved boutique brand has brought back its popular summer Social Password seasonal promotion, in which insiders in the know who utter the catchphrase to the front desk staff while checking in at any Kimpton hotel will receive a “fun surprise” at the hotel’s discretion.
As you might guess, the Social Password (or passphrase, as it happens) can be found on both Kimpton’s Twitter and Facebook feeds:
Now, when you’re delivering the password to the front desk clerk, you may want to make it super clear what you’re doing. If you just stare at him or her and say “Out of Office” in a really creepy way like you’re Arnold Schwarzenegger in “The Terminator,” you might not get the reaction you’re hoping for. The better way to do it would be to say “I read on Facebook/Twitter that the Kimpton Social Password is ‘Out of Office'” or something along those lines. Except don’t actually say “Facebook slash Twitter” — choose one or the other. Otherwise you’ll be back to the Schwarzenegger problem (see what we did there?).
The Kimpton brand has been owned by IHG since 2014, but was only fully integrated into IHG Rewards this year, which means you can now utilize your stash of IHG points to book stays at Kimpton properties, then utter this secret phrase to score whatever the special surprise is. Past reports suggest that anything could be up for grabs, from a small inexpensive piece of Kimpton swag to free parking or even potential room upgrades, depending on your status and room availability.
At the very least, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so give the Social Password a whirl if you’re at a Kimpton between now and September 3.
Featured image by ImageGeneration / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn 80,000 points, worth up to $480 with the IHG Rewards Premier Card. With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening plus an additional 40,000 bonus points after spending a total of $5,000 on purchases within 6 months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®