Seattle is testing a new system that lets travelers make a reservation at the TSA checkpoint
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you fly out of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), you might be able to skip the line at security thanks to a new pilot program.
The airport is testing a program called SEA Spot Saver, which lets passengers reserve a time to go through the security checkpoint.
Instead of waiting in line to go through the checkpoint, passengers can arrive at their reservation time and go right through. The Port of Seattle describes it as “virtual queuing.”
The Spot Saver program is available from 4 a.m. to noon daily through August 31, and is only available for general security passengers, not those using PreCheck. There are two different options available.
If you’re flying Alaska Airlines, you can schedule your Spot Saver reservation in advance up to 24 hours before your scheduled departure, or upon arrival at the airport. Passengers traveling with a group can make the reservation for up to a dozen people, and can then head to security Checkpoint 5 within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
The second option is marketed as being for passengers flying on Delta or any other airline (aside from Alaska). Reservations can be made as soon as passengers arrive at the airport and check in at Checkpoint 2.
While the program is just a trial, and is only available at SEA. But there are other ways for passengers to speed their way through the security line at other major airports. Two of our favorites are Clear and TSA PreCheck, which you can learn more about at the TPG guides below:
- The definitive guide to all airlines offering TSA PreCheck
- Clear expedited airport security program — Is it worth it?
Featured image courtesy of Port of Seattle
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees