Score $20 by installing Rakuten’s browser extension
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we love scoring on deals. Well, today, there’s another great deal — this time from Rakuten.
As first reported by Frequent Miler, you can earn $20 (or 2,000 American Express Membership Rewards points) after installing Rakuten’s browser extension. Note that you won’t earn this bonus if you already have the browser extension, but if you don’t, this is an easy way to earn some quick cash. The deal expires on Nov. 19, 2020, and may take seven days to post to your account.
One of the easiest ways to earn bonus rewards on your everyday activity is through online shopping portals, like Rakuten. Rakuten — formerly known as Ebates – became a fan-favorite cashback portal back in February 2019 when new members could start earning Membership Rewards points instead of just cash back. Starting late October 2019, all members can now opt into earning points instead of cash. Plus, Rakuten consistently runs some of the best promotions.
Using shopping portals like this should be an essential part of buying items online, especially during this time when many travelers are at home due to stay-at-home orders connected to the coronavirus outbreak.
If you don’t have an account, setting up one is easy. To start earning bonus cash back or Amex points for your online purchases, begin by visiting Rakuten.com. Choose how you want to sign-up for an account:
- Through Google
- Through Facebook
- With your email address
From there, follow the on-screen prompts to sign-up for an account. Rakuten is currently offering new members the opportunity to earn $30 by signing up from now through Dec. 31, 2020, spending at least $30 with participating retailers. This is a great way to jump-start your earnings for shopping online.
Featured photo courtesy of MStudioImages/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.