Score $20 by installing Rakuten’s browser extension
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here at TPG, we love scoring on deals. Well, today, there’s another great deal — this time from Rakuten.
As first reported by Frequent Miler, you can earn $20 (or 2,000 American Express Membership Rewards points) after installing Rakuten’s browser extension. Note that you won’t earn this bonus if you already have the browser extension, but if you don’t, this is an easy way to earn some quick cash. The deal expires on Nov. 19, 2020, and may take seven days to post to your account.
One of the easiest ways to earn bonus rewards on your everyday activity is through online shopping portals, like Rakuten. Rakuten — formerly known as Ebates – became a fan-favorite cashback portal back in February 2019 when new members could start earning Membership Rewards points instead of just cash back. Starting late October 2019, all members can now opt into earning points instead of cash. Plus, Rakuten consistently runs some of the best promotions.
Using shopping portals like this should be an essential part of buying items online, especially during this time when many travelers are at home due to stay-at-home orders connected to the coronavirus outbreak.
If you don’t have an account, setting up one is easy. To start earning bonus cash back or Amex points for your online purchases, begin by visiting Rakuten.com. Choose how you want to sign-up for an account:
- Through Google
- Through Facebook
- With your email address
From there, follow the on-screen prompts to sign-up for an account. Rakuten is currently offering new members the opportunity to earn $30 by signing up from now through Dec. 31, 2020, spending at least $30 with participating retailers. This is a great way to jump-start your earnings for shopping online.
Featured photo courtesy of MStudioImages/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees