Aviation Strikes Continue in France, A New Business Card From Chase, Ebola Deaths Mount in Africa and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
On Tuesday, air traffic controllers in France went on strike — again. This caused major disruptions for flights in, out and within the country. The air traffic controllers’ strike comes amid ongoing demonstrations by Air France employees over pay disputes that have roiled flights throughout Paris and the rest of the country since early February.
Chase unveiled its Ink Business Unlimited this week. It’s the latest addition to Chase’s business card lineup, joining the existing Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and Ink Business Cash Credit Card, both of which will continue to be issued along with the new offering.
An Ebola outbreak in the rural Bikoro region in the Democratic Republic of Congo has claimed the lives of 27 people so far, including a nurse.
Watch this startling video footage of a tourist being kidnapped in the middle of Bangkok Airport (BKK) — in broad daylight.
United is launching a new service, allowing its passenger to purchase access to The Private Suite at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The Private Suite offers, as its name would suggest, privacy for travelers as it’s located in a separate, private terminal at LAX and advertises a dedicated lounge, lounge-to-plane transfers and more.
After a fatal crash in which one of the Uber’s self-driving vehicles struck and killed an Arizona pedestrian, the ridesharing company announced this week that it’s officially shutting down its operation there.
The family whose dog died in a United Airlines overhead bin has reached a settlement with the airline, after the affected family originally planned to sue the carrier.
Seventeen years after Argentina’s economy collapsed, the value of the US dollar has never been stronger there — check out the top reasons to visit this South American nation right now.
Alaska Airlines announced this week that it would start phasing out single-use plastic stirrer straws and citrus picks in favor of more sustainable options
Alaska Mileage Plan miles are some of the highest-valued airline miles in TPG’s monthly valuations. And, through July 3, you can get up to a 40% bonus when buying miles.
Featured image of the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees