SAS takes first Airbus A350 ahead of January debut
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
SAS took the first of eight A350s in a ceremony at Airbus’ facility in Toulouse, France, on Thursday, according to the plane maker. The jet, which features the airline’s new look, is configured with 40 lie-flat business class seats, 32 premium economy seats, and 228 economy seats.
SAS will introduce the A350 on flights between Copenhagen (CPH) and Chicago O’Hare (ORD) on Jan. 28, 2020. The aircraft will begin flying from the Danish hub to Beijing Capital (PEK), Hong Kong (HKG), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), Shanghai Pudong (PVG), and Tokyo Narita (NRT) later in 2020.
The A350 joins SAS’ fleet of Airbus A330 and A340 widebody jets on long-haul routes from its Copenhagen, Oslo (OSL) and Stockholm (ARN) hubs.
In addition to the A350s, SAS has firm orders for 53 Airbus A320neo jets due over the next few years. This includes commitments for the long-range A321LR that the airline plans to fly to Boston Logan (BOS) once deliveries begin next September.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.