San Diego gets a nonstop route to Montreal on Air Transat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Transat is beefing up its U.S. presence. The Canadian leisure carrier will add a new transcontinental route to California and additional flights on routes to New Orleans and Florida.
The highest-profile addition will come from Air Transat’s Montreal base, where the airline will add seasonal nonstop service to San Diego in Summer 2020.
Air Transat, which says it will be the only carrier flying nonstop between the cities, will offer three Boeing 737-800 flights a week on the route from Jun. 15 through Oct. 28.
Elsewhere, Air Transat will extend its yet-to-launch Montreal-New Orleans service. Twice-weekly flights are set to begin in November, and will continue throughout the summer because of “high demand.”
AirTransat also will add more flights to its Florida schedules, including on routes between Montreal and both Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and between Quebec City and Fort Lauderdale.
“We are enriching our offering to the western and southern United States, in line with growing travellers’ expectations,” Annick Guérard, Air Transat’s Chief Operating Officer, says in a statement. “The North American tourism market is strong, and as the No. 1 leisure airline in Canada, we are happy to increase our destinations and frequencies, all while strengthening our Montreal hub.”
Air Transat focuses on leisure routes, flying to more than 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. It operates from several Canadian airports, though its main base is at Montreal.
Air Canada has made a bid to acquire Air Transat, which could close sometime next year, pending regulatory approval.
Featured photo by BriYYZ via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees