San Diego gets a nonstop route to Montreal on Air Transat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Transat is beefing up its U.S. presence. The Canadian leisure carrier will add a new transcontinental route to California and additional flights on routes to New Orleans and Florida.
The highest-profile addition will come from Air Transat’s Montreal base, where the airline will add seasonal nonstop service to San Diego in Summer 2020.
Air Transat, which says it will be the only carrier flying nonstop between the cities, will offer three Boeing 737-800 flights a week on the route from Jun. 15 through Oct. 28.
Elsewhere, Air Transat will extend its yet-to-launch Montreal-New Orleans service. Twice-weekly flights are set to begin in November, and will continue throughout the summer because of “high demand.”
AirTransat also will add more flights to its Florida schedules, including on routes between Montreal and both Fort Lauderdale and Orlando and between Quebec City and Fort Lauderdale.
“We are enriching our offering to the western and southern United States, in line with growing travellers’ expectations,” Annick Guérard, Air Transat’s Chief Operating Officer, says in a statement. “The North American tourism market is strong, and as the No. 1 leisure airline in Canada, we are happy to increase our destinations and frequencies, all while strengthening our Montreal hub.”
Air Transat focuses on leisure routes, flying to more than 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. It operates from several Canadian airports, though its main base is at Montreal.
Air Canada has made a bid to acquire Air Transat, which could close sometime next year, pending regulatory approval.
Featured photo by BriYYZ via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.