Get double points on your next Royal Caribbean cruise with this extended offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You now have until the end of June to get double loyalty points when booking a Royal Caribbean cruise.
The world’s largest cruise line extended its recent Double Points offer this week to apply to any cruise booked between now and June 30, for sailings through Sept. 30, 2022.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s new cruise newsletter.
Until this week, the offer only was good for cruises booked by Jan. 31 that were scheduled to sail through March 31, 2022.
The extension comes in the wake of more cruise cancellations at Royal Caribbean. The line this month delayed its restart in most of the world for another two months, to May.
Double points for every cabin category
Aimed at members of Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program, the Double Points offer is just what it sounds like: Customers who book a cruise during the promotion will get double the normal amount of Crown & Anchor loyalty points when cruising.
Every category of cabin on Royal Caribbean ships is eligible for the promotion.
Passengers staying in standard cabins on a Royal Caribbean will earn 2 points per night as part of the promotion instead of 1 point. The earnings for passengers in suites jumps to 4 points per night instead of 2 points. Solo travelers staying in cabins designed for two passengers (who pay more for the privilege) can earn as many as 6 points per night.
The Royal Caribbean chart below spells out the specifics:
There are, of course, caveats to the offer. Residents of China, for example, are not eligible. But the promotion is otherwise open to any Royal Caribbean cruiser with a Crown & Anchor Society membership. This includes members belonging to all six Crown & Anchor Society tiers — Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.
Note that in order to qualify, you must enter your Crown & Anchor Society member number at the time of booking.
The points will show up in your account after you’ve completed your sailing.
A rare opportunity to rise through the tiers
Such double-point offers at Royal Caribbean are relatively rare and offer a chance to rise through the loyalty tier levels much more quickly than normal.
If you’re a Royal Caribbean fan, that’s a big deal, as it’ll have an impact on how many loyalty perks you get when sailing with the line not just this year or next year but for the rest of your life. Like many lines, Royal Caribbean doesn’t make cruisers requalify for status every year. Instead, the points you earn with the line accumulate forever.
With Double Points, it’s possible to reach the Crown & Anchor Society’s mid-level tiers (Emerald and Diamond) in just two to six seven-night cruises, depending on the type of cabin booked.
Under the terms of the promotion, a solo traveler staying in a suite could earn a whopping 42 points in a single seven-night cruise.
The number of points you need for Royal Caribbean’s tier levels breaks down like this:
Gold: 3 Cruise Points
Platinum: 30 Cruise Points
Emerald: 55 Cruise Points
Diamond: 80 Cruise Points
Diamond Plus: 175 Cruise Points
Pinnacle Club: 700 Points
At every tier level of the program, you get special onboard offers, priority check-in, a private departure lounge with continental breakfast and an exclusive trivia event. All but Gold members also receive discounts on balcony and suite staterooms.
But the benefits of Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society really get interesting at the higher tiers. At Diamond Plus, you get priority seating at ship theaters, ice shows and AquaTheater events, for instance — a valuable perk if you are fan of Royal Caribbean shows. Diamond Plus also brings a complimentary behind-the-scenes ship tour, Concierge Club access and thoughtful gifts.
Still, the premier perk of the Crown & Anchor Society program comes upon reaching Pinnacle Club status. You’ll get a free seven-night Caribbean cruise in a balcony cabin.
The extended offer was first reported by RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com.
Planning a cruise? Start with these stories:
- The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship
- The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship
- A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines
- 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly
- 15 ways cruisers waste money
- 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up
- What to pack for your first cruise
Featured image of courtesy of Royal Caribbean
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees