You’ll soon be able to go on vacation with SoulCycle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The fitness brand just announced a new “off-the-bike” experience that sounds even better than getting your favorite bike on Monday at noon.
It’s called Retreats by SoulCycle.
The retreats will be “intimate group getaways curated to help [travelers] reflect, recharge and reconnect….”
SoulCycle partnered with luxury travel agency Black Tomato to deliver the ultimate traveler-meets-cycle experience. According to a statement, there will be SoulCycle classes led by instructors from around the country, as well as “meditative spa and wellness experiences.”
And, as Fortune pointed out, the retreats are not exclusive to long-time riders, either — customers completely new to the brand are more than welcome to join. Though we suspect the notoriously dedicated group of riders may turn out in force.
SoulCycle CEO Melanie Whelan told Fortune, “At SoulCycle, we always put our riders first and we do our best not only to listen to but also anticipate their needs. Taking a class at SoulCycle is one way to find time to be present for yourself, but our riders are consistently asking us for more experiential ways to spend time with our instructors and each other. With Retreats by SoulCycle, we’re giving our community another opportunity to devote attention to themselves and deepen their ties to one another over the span of multiple days in a beautiful setting, outside of the day-to-day hustle.”
It’s about more than a bike, though. Black Tomato cofounder Tom Marchant said in a statement that “travel is meant to help you connect with yourself and your surroundings in a more meaningful way,” and having that experience “with your favorite brand” can be just as powerful as taking a solo trip or traveling with your partner.
It’s certainly part of a growing trend, as well-known brands (including SoulCycle’s parent company, Equinox) have been aggressively entering the travel space. Last year, Equinox debuted fitness-focused day trips and announced plans to host longer multiday journeys. And this year, the luxury fitness and wellness company also launched its first-ever hotel in New York City.
So far, there’s only been one “pilot” retreat in Austin and Texas Hill Country. Guests enjoyed mindfulness meditation, healing workshops, morning movement sessions, SoulCycle classes and s’mores by the campfire. Master Instructor Melanie Griffith led the first-of-its-kind experience, and by the looks of it, was pretty inspiring.
View this post on Instagram
While there isn’t much information yet as to where the coming retreats will be, Fortune said they will each last four days and have between 20 and 30 guests.
Cost will vary depending on location, and the first one open to the public will launch in Winter 2020 — keep an eye out for more information in the coming months.
One thing’s for sure: Don’t forget to pack your leggings.
Featured image courtesy of SoulCycle.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees