This restaurant is offering a genius solution for socially-distanced dining
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreaming of the day when you can finally hang up the apron and dine out freely? Us too.
Sure, there’s always takeout. But there’s nothing like going out with friends and catching up over food and drinks. While restaurants will certainly look different when the coronavirus precautions subside, that may not necessarily be a bad thing if they look anything like this innovative solution from Mediamatic Eten, a vegan restaurant in Amsterdam.
The trendy waterside restaurant got creative with new social distancing rules and installed glass greenhouses to allow diners to keep their distance. These houses are called, “Serres Séparées,” which translates to Separate Greenhouses.
The restaurant also plans to serve the food on a long wooden plank so that the waitstaff doesn’t have to step inside. Additionally, all servers will wear face shields and gloves.
Currently, the restaurant is just testing out the new concept with friends and family. However, as more countries begin to ease restrictions, this could be one solution for restaurants around the world with the room to spare.
Amsterdam will keep restaurants closed to the public until at least May 19.
What do you think? Could this be a viable solution for the future of dining?
Featured photo courtesy of Mediamatic Eten.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees