This restaurant is offering a genius solution for socially-distanced dining
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreaming of the day when you can finally hang up the apron and dine out freely? Us too.
Sure, there’s always takeout. But there’s nothing like going out with friends and catching up over food and drinks. While restaurants will certainly look different when the coronavirus precautions subside, that may not necessarily be a bad thing if they look anything like this innovative solution from Mediamatic Eten, a vegan restaurant in Amsterdam.
The trendy waterside restaurant got creative with new social distancing rules and installed glass greenhouses to allow diners to keep their distance. These houses are called, “Serres Séparées,” which translates to Separate Greenhouses.
The restaurant also plans to serve the food on a long wooden plank so that the waitstaff doesn’t have to step inside. Additionally, all servers will wear face shields and gloves.
Currently, the restaurant is just testing out the new concept with friends and family. However, as more countries begin to ease restrictions, this could be one solution for restaurants around the world with the room to spare.
Amsterdam will keep restaurants closed to the public until at least May 19.
What do you think? Could this be a viable solution for the future of dining?
Featured photo courtesy of Mediamatic Eten.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.