This restaurant is offering a genius solution for socially-distanced dining
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreaming of the day when you can finally hang up the apron and dine out freely? Us too.
Sure, there’s always takeout. But there’s nothing like going out with friends and catching up over food and drinks. While restaurants will certainly look different when the coronavirus precautions subside, that may not necessarily be a bad thing if they look anything like this innovative solution from Mediamatic Eten, a vegan restaurant in Amsterdam.
The trendy waterside restaurant got creative with new social distancing rules and installed glass greenhouses to allow diners to keep their distance. These houses are called, “Serres Séparées,” which translates to Separate Greenhouses.
The restaurant also plans to serve the food on a long wooden plank so that the waitstaff doesn’t have to step inside. Additionally, all servers will wear face shields and gloves.
Currently, the restaurant is just testing out the new concept with friends and family. However, as more countries begin to ease restrictions, this could be one solution for restaurants around the world with the room to spare.
Amsterdam will keep restaurants closed to the public until at least May 19.
What do you think? Could this be a viable solution for the future of dining?
Featured photo courtesy of Mediamatic Eten.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.