Redeem Chase points for restaurants, delivery and more at a much higher rate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, Chase launched a partnership with the Tock dining platform, enabling cardholders to book special dining experiences at restaurants, wineries and other venues, including the option to pay with Ultimate Rewards points.
Now, the issuer is working to expand Tock access, with a brand-new dining hub. Cardmembers will be able to engage with more than 4,000 restaurants and dining experiences, from reservations to food delivery, along with produce, meats and other cook-at-home products, via Tock Pasture, Produce, & Purveyors.
Perhaps most exciting, however, is the option to redeem Ultimate Rewards points for Tock purchases at a higher rate. Through April 30, 2021, Chase cardmembers can redeem at the same rate available via the issuer’s Pay Yourself Back platform — Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can redeem Ultimate Rewards at 1.5 cents apiece, while Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders can redeem points at 1.25 cents each.
Chase is clearly investing in expanding its dining offerings overall, especially during the pandemic. The company has an ongoing partnership with DoorDash, including free or discounted access to DashPass perks, and the expanded Tock program gives cardmembers more opportunities to boost their dining experience, both at restaurants and at home. And now, Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders who already have a complimentary Lyft Pink membership now have complimentary access to Grubhub+ and Seamless+.
The issuer has also scheduled a handful of new “Home Dining” events, including a meal kit and live chef sessions, priced between $25 and $200, with all proceeds being matched by Chase and donated to World Central Kitchen. Upcoming events include:
- Thursday, 10/15: Aaron Franklin (Hot Luck Fest, Franklin Barbecue) shares grilling tips and gives you a sneak peek into his new beer collaboration with Karbach Brewing Company.
- Thursday, 10/22: Marissa Mullen, founder of @thatcheeseplate, teaches you how to create a special Sapphire-inspired cheese and charcuterie board.
- Thursday, 11/5: Chef Brady Williams from Canlis will walk cardmembers through how to prepare a unique Canlis meal kit designed especially for Chase Sapphire cardmembers.
- Wednesday, 11/18: Husband and wife duo from SingleThread, Chef Kyle and Katina welcome you to their Farm and SingleThread Inn. The night includes a farm tour, wine tasting and cooking demo.
Featured photo by John Gribben for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.