Receive a 25% Bonus When Transferring Amex Points to JetBlue
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Earlier today, we covered the fantastic 30% transfer bonus for Amex to Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club program. Amex has launched another transfer bonus, this time offering a 25% bonus when converting Amex Membership Rewards points into JetBlue TrueBlue points.
Normally, you can convert Membership Rewards into JetBlue points at 250:200 ratio. With the promotion it changes that into 250:250 — effectively a 1:1 ratio.
JetBlue points have a fixed value ranging between 1.3-1.5 cents apiece, although TPG values them on the lower end at 1.3 cents each. Normally a $156 JetBlue flight would cost about 9,600 TrueBlue points or 12,000 Amex points — with the bonus it would require an even 9,600 Amex points.
So is this a good deal? It’s decent, but probably only makes sense if you specifically need to fly on JetBlue — it’s definitely a whole lot better than transferring without a bonus. The ability to transfer in small increments of points is an added plus, since award flights start at as low as a couple thousand points. JetBlue Plus cardholders can save even more, since they’ll receive 10% of their TrueBlue points back when making award bookings.
Keep in mind you can get more value by transferring Membership Rewards points to other Amex partners like Aeroplan or Virgin Atlantic and booking premium cabin awards.
How to Transfer
- Log in to your American Express account
- Under the Membership tab, click “rewards,” then click “transfer points,” and select JetBlue
- Connect your JetBlue account if you haven’t already
- Select how many points you’d like to transfer and hit transfer
- Wait for miles to credit to your JetBlue account, which should be near instant according to our tests
If you don’t have enough Membership Rewards for your preferred redemption, Citi ThankYou points also transfer to JetBlue (although at a pretty horrible ratio) — helping top off your mileage balance.
Earn Membership Rewards Points
Although you probably won’t be able to earn it before the transfer bonus ends, there are plenty of cards that are offering large welcome bonuses. Regardless, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a transfer bonus like this, and it’s likely not the last.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express — 60,000 point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in three months
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express — Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 bonus points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express — 50,000 point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in three months
- American Express® Gold Card — 35,000 point welcome bonus after spending $4,000 in the first three months
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees