Qantas Offers Free Lounge Access Promo for Flyers Aged 18 to 35 Years
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Your next visit to a Qantas Lounge might look more like a college hangout than a conventional airline oasis thanks to Qantas’ latest promo. Qantas is giving away free passes to the airline’s airport lounges to travelers between the ages of 18 and 35. All they have to do is fly internationally.
Qantas is encouraging younger, likey more frugal travelers, to experience the airline’s premium services. Now through Aug. 31, 2019, when a passenger between the ages of 18 and 35 books an international flight with a Qantas flight number, the airline will give that passenger a complimentary one-day pass to the airline’s Qantas Business Lounges.
When Qantas frequent flyers between the ages of 18 and 35 book their next international trip, all they need to do is ensure they include their QFF number. If their flight is operated by Qantas and their trip terminates outside of Australia, they will be invited to the Qantas Business Lounge. The following restrictions apply:
- Travelers must book flights at least 7 days in advance
- For an itinerary to be eligible for free lounge access, the trip must be booked by Aug. 31, 2019
- Flights before June 1, 2019 and after Feb. 29, 2020 will not be eligible for free lounge access
- Partner flights, like those operated by Jetstar Australia or Emirates, are not eligible
- Travelers must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on the day of departure
- There is a limit of one complimentary lounge pass per person during the offer period. If you make more than one eligible international Qantas booking during this time, you’ll only receive the complimentary lounge pass once.
- The lounge pass only allows access for one person, so if your travel companion is also eligible you need to ensure you both register for the offer individually — even if you’re traveling on the same booking.
When an eligible traveler books an international flight operated by Qantas in the given time parameters, their free Qantas Business Lounge pass should be available within the next 7 days. To use the pass, Qantas Frequent Flyers will need to access their account, locate the free pass, and link it to their trip at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Qantas Business Lounges are separate from the airline’s super-lux Qantas First Lounges, however, the current promotion allows travelers to access any Qantas International Business Lounge. Airports that feature a Qantas International Business Lounge include:
- Los Angeles
- Perth (T1 and T4)
Qantas’ International Business Lounges include amenities like free wine, beer, and spirits, regionally inspired fare, and shower suites. You can see TPG’s full review of the Oneworld/Qantas International Business Lounge in Los Angeles for a detailed overview of what to expect when you use your complimentary pass.
Featured image courtesy of Qantas.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.