Priority Pass Adds a Restaurant Lounge to LAX, Cuts Back Entrance Hours at Clubhouse
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
Priority Pass has grown to include more than 1,200 lounges worldwide — but not all are airline lounges as you might expect. Recently, Priority Pass has been adding a number of restaurant lounges, including a new one in Los Angeles (LAX).
This week, Barney’s Beanery near LAX Terminal 2’s Gate 22 was added to the Priority Pass network. From 10:30am to midnight daily, Priority Pass members can use their membership to get up to $28 per person in free food and drink. Lounge rules state “only 1 card per visit per Cardholder will be accepted at point of registration,” so if you have unlimited visits, you unfortunately can’t keep swiping for more food and drink.
Your Priority Pass card must be presented prior to ordering. But if you forget your physical Priority Pass card at home no worries. Barney’s Beanery accepts the digital Priority Pass card. Here’s how to activate the digital card in your Priority Pass app. Priority Pass credit can’t be used to leave gratuity, so make sure to bring cash to tip Barney’s workers.
LAX’s Terminal 2 is home to Delta as well as its partners Aeromexico and Virgin Atlantic. Terminal 3 is connected airside, so WestJet and Delta passengers departing out of T3 can easily make it over to Barney’s.
Terminal 2 is also home to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse — another Priority Pass lounge added in November 2017. However, Priority Pass members are now only admitted to the Clubhouse between 5am and 10:45am. Members were previously able to enter through 12:30pm, but it seems the addition of Barney’s has led to reduced entrance hours.
Cards to use: Priority Pass membership is a benefit of the following cards:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve (unlimited free guests through August 26)
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card (unlimited free guests)
- Citi Prestige (two free guests or immediate family)
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (two free guests)
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (two free guests)
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card (10 free visits per year)
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (10 free visits per year)
- U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card (4 free visits for the cardholder and 4 free visits for guests)
H/T: View From The Wing
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees