Pakistan Airlines Rebrands in Cringeworthy Video, Unveils New A380 Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pakistan International Airlines, or PIA, is rolling out a full rebranding, including a new livery. In the Pakistani flag carrier’s rebranding video, the new livery is projected on a jet that the carrier doesn’t have in its fleet. It doesn’t even have an order for the aircraft in place, and it likely never will — none other than the superjumbo A380.
In the rebranding video, which PIA posted on its Facebook account, the carrier details how it’s going to go above and beyond to begin anew with better service, product and overall reputation than it’s been known to have. The video is, well… kind of cringeworthy. You can watch it for yourself, below:
Pakistan Airlines does not operate any routes to the US, and it most definitely does not have any A380s in its fleet. Instead, its long-haul fleet consists of 777s and 747s.
While the video is a bit on the corny side, it could mean positive things to come for PIA. A quick search on Trip Advisor shows the low bar that the new, rebranded PIA has to surpass. Hopefully this is video is a sign of positive things to come — one that could make PIA a viable option. Still, it’s highly unlikely that the carrier will get A380s.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees