This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pakistan International Airlines, or PIA, is rolling out a full rebranding, including a new livery. In the Pakistani flag carrier’s rebranding video, the new livery is projected on a jet that the carrier doesn’t have in its fleet. It doesn’t even have an order for the aircraft in place, and it likely never will — none other than the superjumbo A380.
In the rebranding video, which PIA posted on its Facebook account, the carrier details how it’s going to go above and beyond to begin anew with better service, product and overall reputation than it’s been known to have. The video is, well… kind of cringeworthy. You can watch it for yourself, below:
Pakistan Airlines does not operate any routes to the US, and it most definitely does not have any A380s in its fleet. Instead, its long-haul fleet consists of 777s and 747s.
While the video is a bit on the corny side, it could mean positive things to come for PIA. A quick search on Trip Advisor shows the low bar that the new, rebranded PIA has to surpass. Hopefully this is video is a sign of positive things to come — one that could make PIA a viable option. Still, it’s highly unlikely that the carrier will get A380s.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards