This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pakistan International Airlines, or PIA, is rolling out a full rebranding, including a new livery. In the Pakistani flag carrier’s rebranding video, the new livery is projected on a jet that the carrier doesn’t have in its fleet. It doesn’t even have an order for the aircraft in place, and it likely never will — none other than the superjumbo A380.
In the rebranding video, which PIA posted on its Facebook account, the carrier details how it’s going to go above and beyond to begin anew with better service, product and overall reputation than it’s been known to have. The video is, well… kind of cringeworthy. You can watch it for yourself, below:
Pakistan Airlines does not operate any routes to the US, and it most definitely does not have any A380s in its fleet. Instead, its long-haul fleet consists of 777s and 747s.
While the video is a bit on the corny side, it could mean positive things to come for PIA. A quick search on Trip Advisor shows the low bar that the new, rebranded PIA has to surpass. Hopefully this is video is a sign of positive things to come — one that could make PIA a viable option. Still, it’s highly unlikely that the carrier will get A380s.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees