Pakistan Airlines Rebrands in Cringeworthy Video, Unveils New A380 Livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Pakistan International Airlines, or PIA, is rolling out a full rebranding, including a new livery. In the Pakistani flag carrier’s rebranding video, the new livery is projected on a jet that the carrier doesn’t have in its fleet. It doesn’t even have an order for the aircraft in place, and it likely never will — none other than the superjumbo A380.
In the rebranding video, which PIA posted on its Facebook account, the carrier details how it’s going to go above and beyond to begin anew with better service, product and overall reputation than it’s been known to have. The video is, well… kind of cringeworthy. You can watch it for yourself, below:
Pakistan Airlines does not operate any routes to the US, and it most definitely does not have any A380s in its fleet. Instead, its long-haul fleet consists of 777s and 747s.
While the video is a bit on the corny side, it could mean positive things to come for PIA. A quick search on Trip Advisor shows the low bar that the new, rebranded PIA has to surpass. Hopefully this is video is a sign of positive things to come — one that could make PIA a viable option. Still, it’s highly unlikely that the carrier will get A380s.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.