Philippine Airlines to add new flights to Seattle, Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Philippine Airlines appears set to add a new route connecting Manila to Seattle and to relaunch service between Cebu and Los Angeles.
Both the Seattle (SEA) and Los Angeles (LAX) flights would begin in May, with Philippine Airlines set to offer three flights a week on the routes. Seattle would be flown with an Airbus A350 and Los Angeles with a Boeing 777.
Los Angeles International Airport spokesman Heath Montgomery confirmed Philippine Airlines’ plans to relaunch flights between the central Philippine city of Cebu (CEB) and the Southern California Gateway. Service is due to begin May 2.
Philippine Airlines previously ended flights between between Cebu (CEB) and Los Angeles in May 2017, according to Cirium schedules.
The carrier is the only carrier flying between the Philippines and the mainland U.S., according to Cirium. The airline serves Los Angeles, New York John F. Kennedy (JFK), and San Francisco (SFO) from its Manila base.
Featured image by FG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.