Another major cruise line adds solo cabins for the first time — and they have balconies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Oceania Cruises’ newest ship, Vista, will be the first in the line’s fleet to offer solo accommodations for passengers traveling by themselves.
The luxury vessel will include six 270-square-foot cabins for one, dubbed Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, as part of its lineup of all-balcony digs. (Yes, that means every single stateroom on the ship has its own veranda.)
Interested in more tips and tricks for cruises? Sign up for TPG’s free cruiseletter.
Described by the line as “spacious and airy yet cozy,” the solo cabins each include an ultra-luxurious Tranquility memory foam bed, a seating area that overlooks a private balcony, ample storage space and access to Oceania‘s Concierge Level amenities.
Among the added Concierge perks are free laundry service, room service from the dining room menu, exclusive keycard-only access to the dedicated Concierge Lounge, priority embarkation, a complimentary bottle of Champagne and other extras.
There’s no information available yet on what pricing might look like for solo cabins, but itinerary information will be released for viewing starting Sept. 9, 2021, with bookings for Vista’s inaugural season opening for sale on Sept. 15.
Other cabin types include standard 291-square-foot balconies, Concierge Level balconies with special access to Concierge perks, and a variety of suites, such as Penthouse (440 square feet with dual sinks), Oceania (at least 1,000 square feet with oversized balcony, butler and access to suites-only Executive Lounge), Vista (at least 1,450 square feet with 180-degree views, in-cabin dining room and bar areas, porcelain soaking tub, butler and access to Executive Lounge) and Owner’s Suites (details not yet available).
Earlier this year, Oceania revealed that Vista will retain the line’s hallmark touches, including the Grand Staircase and Grand Lounge, Martinis martini bar, Aquamar Spa, Horizons observation lounge, a tranquil pool area and a casino with an accompanying bar.
The vessel, set to join the Oceania fleet in 2023, marks the line’s first new construction in more than a decade. It will be the brand’s seventh ship and the first of two in the new 1,200-passenger Allura Class. The second vessel, which doesn’t yet have a name, is scheduled to debut in 2025.
Featured photo courtesy of Oceania Cruises.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees