This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Trevor Davis, a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers, was arrested at LAX for making “criminal threats” after he made a joke about carrying a bomb at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Sunday.
“Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives,” Rob Pedregon, public information officer for LAX Police told ESPN. “Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked.”
Davis, 24, was taken into custody by airport police and charged with making criminal threats. He was later released on his own recognizance. The Packers told ESPN that the team was aware of the incident but declined to comment further on an ongoing legal issue.
The joke comes amid two other bomb hoaxes in recent days — one with a bag that was mistakenly labeled “Bomb to Brisbane,” an unfortunate abbreviation for Bombay, the arcane term for Mumbai, and another when a passenger on a Singapore flight made a false bomb threat that caused the plane to be escorted back to the airport by two F-15 fighter jets.
Davis is scheduled for a May 3 court appearance. The case is now being handled by the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department.
Featured image by Sandy Huffaker/Corbis via Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees