This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Trevor Davis, a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers, was arrested at LAX for making “criminal threats” after he made a joke about carrying a bomb at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Sunday.
“Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives,” Rob Pedregon, public information officer for LAX Police told ESPN. “Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked.”
Davis, 24, was taken into custody by airport police and charged with making criminal threats. He was later released on his own recognizance. The Packers told ESPN that the team was aware of the incident but declined to comment further on an ongoing legal issue.
The joke comes amid two other bomb hoaxes in recent days — one with a bag that was mistakenly labeled “Bomb to Brisbane,” an unfortunate abbreviation for Bombay, the arcane term for Mumbai, and another when a passenger on a Singapore flight made a false bomb threat that caused the plane to be escorted back to the airport by two F-15 fighter jets.
Davis is scheduled for a May 3 court appearance. The case is now being handled by the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department.
Featured image by Sandy Huffaker/Corbis via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees