An NFL Player Was Arrested at LAX for Making a Bomb Joke
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Trevor Davis, a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers, was arrested at LAX for making “criminal threats” after he made a joke about carrying a bomb at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Sunday.
“Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives,” Rob Pedregon, public information officer for LAX Police told ESPN. “Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked.”
Davis, 24, was taken into custody by airport police and charged with making criminal threats. He was later released on his own recognizance. The Packers told ESPN that the team was aware of the incident but declined to comment further on an ongoing legal issue.
The joke comes amid two other bomb hoaxes in recent days — one with a bag that was mistakenly labeled “Bomb to Brisbane,” an unfortunate abbreviation for Bombay, the arcane term for Mumbai, and another when a passenger on a Singapore flight made a false bomb threat that caused the plane to be escorted back to the airport by two F-15 fighter jets.
Davis is scheduled for a May 3 court appearance. The case is now being handled by the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department.
Featured image by Sandy Huffaker/Corbis via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees