This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A passenger plane bound for Thailand was escorted by two Singaporean F-15SG fighter jets back to its airport of origin on Thursday after a passenger on board made a bomb threat that turned out to be a hoax.
Scoot Flight 634, a Singapore Airlines budget subsidiary, was on its way from Singapore Changi (SIN) to Hat Yai (HDY) in Thailand when the pilot declared a bomb threat on board. Police say the threat was made by a 41-year-old male passenger, and it later turned out to be a hoax. Singaporean police later arrested the man.
The Airbus A320 — registration 9V-TAN — turned around over the South China Sea and landed safely back at Changi (SIN) after being escorted by the two jets from Singapore’s Air Force. The aircraft was carrying six crew and 173 passengers, all of whom were rebooked on a flight later Thursday evening.
“For our RSAF pilots who are on stand-by duties 24/7, every threat is considered real until proven otherwise,” Ng Eng Hen, Singapore’s defense minister, said in a Facebook post. “They keep us and our skies safe. Well done, The Republic of Singapore Air Force.”
Featured image by Wikimedia Commons.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards