New York to lift domestic quarantine mandate as of April 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Breaking news for the state of New York today: Gov. Andrew Cuomo has lifted the quarantine order for domestic travelers. This follows easing restrictions just last week for entry and quarantine measures for travelers who have been fully vaccinated.
According to CBS New York, domestic travelers do not have to be vaccinated in order to avoid quarantining when visiting New York State.
It is important to note that international travelers still have a mandatory quarantine order of 14 days. In addition, nothing has changed in regard to the traveler health form: both domestic and international guests will have to submit one online. The form includes key information about each person visiting and contact information.
In his announcement, Gov. Cuomo said progress in vaccination is allowing the state to “start our transition to a new normal in a post-pandemic world.” Although the lifting of the quarantine order may make some feel like they can relax, it is still strongly advised to follow CDC guidelines for staying safe during the pandemic. This includes getting vaccinated; wearing masks; staying 6 feet away from others; and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated areas.
According to Mayor Bill de Blasio, he was “not consulted” about the change in policy and says he has “concerns.”
This news comes as other U.S. states have announced in recent weeks their own COVID-19 reopening measures.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees