You can now use points to book Hyatt’s newest Hawaii property
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travelers to the Hawaiian island of Maui are familiar with resorts in popular tourist areas like Wailea and Lahaina, but soon Hyatt will offer a new hotel option on the far east end of the island in the town of Hana.
A California-based investment group purchased the former Travaasa Hana hotel for about $25 million and has signed a deal with Hyatt, who will operate the hotel.
It’s now called the Hana-Maui Resort, under its Destination Hotels brand as of Oct. 1. And now, as first reported by View From The Wing, you can now search for and book award stays.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Located on the famed Road to Hana — which spans more than 64 miles along the spectacularly natural curvy coast of East Maui — this 75-room property is sure to be popular with those who want a serene stay away from the more-crowded resort areas of the island, or simply stop for the night or two.
This property features guest rooms, suites, bungalows and family residences, as well as two restaurants, an indoor-outdoor spa and wellness center, two pools, a dedicated yoga area and “a plethora of adventure-driven and cultural experiences,” according to a Hyatt press release.
Unfortunately, if you have a Hawaii stay planned in the coming weeks, (assuming this round of the state’s reopening plans hold), you won’t find standard award availability.
However, beginning in January 2021 award availability for standard rooms opens up at this property. As a Category 7 World of Hyatt hotel, rates start at 30,000 points per night for rooms with one king or two queen beds. Keep in mind that World of Hyatt is suspending its 2021 hotel category award chart changes.
And if you need Hyatt points to redeem for a stay, remember that they transfer from the Chase Ultimate Rewards program at a 1:1 ratio. Right now, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is offering a 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening.
(Photo courtesy of Hyatt Hana-Maui Resort)Many people who visit Maui embark on the Road to Hana drive, but typically have to drive back to other parts of the island to reach their hotels at the end of the day. Now, there’s an option for using your points right in the middle of all the splendor this area offers. While it’s not on a beach, it is set on a cliff overlooking the ocean, and with only 75 rooms, it’s tough to imagine this property being anything but serene and relaxing.
This is no doubt an exciting addition to Hyatt’s portfolios, and any Hyatt aficionados who enjoy visiting Hawaii will want to put this new property on their radar.
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt’s Hana-Maui Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees