3 new Hilton perks: Early upgrades for Honors members, digital key-sharing and connecting rooms
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton has announced three new perks for guests, including complimentary early upgrades for elite Hilton Honors members, digital key-sharing and the option to book and confirm connecting rooms, the company said in a press release on Oct. 20.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Amid the news was the introduction of complimentary room upgrades for eligible elite members, specifically Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members, who will be notified of an upgrade 72 hours before a planned hotel arrival. Seven-night stays and shorter are eligible for early confirmation upgrades.
“Eligible members will receive an email and a Hilton Honors app push notification alerting them of their complimentary upgraded room,” Hilton said in a statement. “Once received, if the hotel offers Digital Check-In, the member can easily choose the location of their upgraded room through the app 36 hours prior to arrival.”
Early confirmation will be available at Hilton brands that currently offer space-available upgrades, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Signia by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton.
Additionally, Hilton rolled out their digital key-sharing program to allow guests to share their digital key access for use across the company’s 18 hotel brands. This feature enables multiple guests to access their room’s digital key via the Hilton Honors app, which provides a digital version of a room key.
Their digital key technology, which is particularly valuable for family travelers or rooms with more than one guest, is currently available for use at more than 80% of Hilton properties globally, serving as a convenient way to access your room without having to carry a physical room key.
Hilton plans to roll out their shareable digital key technology at remaining hotels in the “coming months.” Thus far, guests have used the service to open more than 135 million guestroom doors since launching in 2015 while reducing the brand’s plastic waste by 125 tons.
“We’ve always had our guests at the heart of everything we do, and we continue to listen, evolve and innovate to give them more choice and control over their hotel stay,” Hilton CCO Chris Silcock said in a press statement. “Our approach to technology always starts with the guest experience, and as travel returns, we are pleased to provide Hilton guests with enhancements to their stay that are seamless, flexible and allow them to focus on what matters most – creating new memories.”
The hotel chain also reintroduced their Confirmed Connecting Rooms program to allow hotel guests to book and confirm at least two connecting rooms when booking stays directly through Hilton or through the Hilton Honors app at participating hotels.
“Individuals can book and instantly confirm connecting rooms in three easy steps. First, the guest selects the number of desired rooms, along with the destination and dates,” Hilton said in a statement. “Then, when selecting a room, the guest checks the box to indicate “connecting rooms.” Finally, the guest selects their desired connecting rooms and books their stay with instant confirmation.”
These app integrations reflect a larger push by Hilton to digitize the hotel experience for travelers to allow for increased flexibility, which continues to become more valuable during the age of pandemic travel.
“These innovations are a continuation of Hilton’s mission to further the digital welcome experience for valued guests and Hilton Honors members,” the hotel chain said. “These enhancements increase flexibility for travelers so they can relax and enjoy their destination, whether traveling for business or leisure, with family or friends.”
Featured photo courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees