Delta schedules re-configured Boeing 767-400s on 2 more routes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is in the middle of a program to retrofit its fleet of aging Boeing 767-400ERs with new cabins. The carrier has already shared a number of routes that will see the updated aircraft. Now, Delta has announced the dates on which the refurbished aircraft will begin regular service on two previously announced routes: New York-JFK to Nice, France (NCE), and Atlanta (ATL) to Buenos Aires (EZE).
The Nice route will see the updated 764 as of April 10 and will operate according to the following schedule:
- DL412 New York (JFK) 8:00 p.m. departure → Nice (NCE) 10:20 a.m. arrival
- DL413 Nice (NCE) 12:05 p.m. departure → New York (JFK) 3:15 p.m. arrival
The Buenos Aires route will get the refreshed bird as of April 15, according to the schedule below:
- DL101 Atlanta (ATL) 10:23 p.m. departure → Buenos Aires (EZE) 9:20 a.m. arrival
- DL110 Buenos Aires (EZE) 8:20 p.m. departure → Atlanta (ATL) 5:33 a.m. arrival
The interiors of these updated widebodies will feature 34 Delta One seats (not suites) up front, 20 Premium Select seats in a 2-2-2 configuration just behind, 28 Comfort+ seats and finally 156 Main Cabin seats in the back.
The addition of Premium Select — and especially its 2-2-2 layout — is a major win for travelers.
The changes up front, however, are not as clear-cut. Travelers will no doubt welcome the updates to the current biz-class product, which is woefully outdated at this point. But the bones are basically the same, meaning the seat’s narrow feel likely will persist. Additionally, the upgrade comes a loss of six seats in the cabin, which is definitely bad news for the airline’s top-tier elites trying to use Global Upgrade Certificates.
We’ve seen the updated 764 fly on several one-off trips both domestically and internationally in advance of its first scheduled service between Atlanta (ATL) and London-Heathrow (LHR) on Nov. 12. For a complete list of routes that are scheduled to see these retrofitted aircraft, see the list below.
|Origin||Destination||Effective date||Flight Numbers|
|Atlanta||London-Heathrow||Nov. 12, 2019||DL30/DL31|
|Atlanta||London-Heathrow||Jan. 2, 2020||DL32/DL33|
|New York-JFK||London-Heathrow||Nov. 16, 2019||DL1/DL2|
|New York-JFK||London-Heathrow||Jan. 10, 2020||DL3/DL4|
|Boston||London-Heathrow||Nov. 20, 2019||DL58/DL59|
|New York-JFK||Zurich||Dec. 8, 2019||DL408/DL407|
|Atlanta||Paris-CDG||Jan. 12. 2020||DL84/DL85|
|New York-JFK||Brussels||Jan. 30, 2020||DL140/DL141|
|Atlanta||Brussels||Feb. 22, 2020||DL80/DL81|
|New York-JFK||São Paulo||March 2, 2020||TBD|
|New York-JFK||Nice||April 10, 2020||DL412/DL413|
|Atlanta||Buenos Aires||April 15, 2020||DL101/DL110|
Featured image by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees