Delta’s Retrofitted Boeing 767-400ER To Fly First International Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
UPDATE (Tuesday, Aug. 13, at 12:10 p.m. ET): Delta Air Lines’ first reconfigured Boeing 767-400ER made its international debut on Monday, operating as Delta Flight 61 from Atlanta to Rio de Janeiro. It was set to make the return to Atlanta on Tuesday as Delta Flight 60.
Initially, the reconfigured 767-400ER had appeared set to make its debut to Lima on Tuesday, but the aircraft was instead slotted onto Rio de Janeiro flight, Delta spokesman Michael Thomas said to TPG.
ORIGINAL POST: Delta Air Lines’ first retrofitted Boeing 767-400ER appears set to begin international service Tuesday.
The 19-year old Boeing 767-400ER, registered N828MH, will fly from Atlanta to Lima on Tuesday, departing Atlanta at 5:52pm, according to FlightRadar24. The return is scheduled to depart Lima at 9am on Wednesday for Atlanta. Delta confirmed the aircraft is currently scheduled to be on the route, which would be the first international service for the newly reconfigured 767-400ER.
So far, it’s the first and so far only of Delta’s 767s to feature the airline’s flagship interior, with a brand new Delta One business-class product in the forward cabin and Premium Select — Delta’s spin on premium economy — right behind. Behind that, there are Comfort+ seats, or regular coach with some more legroom, and Main Cabin.
Related: Best Sweet Spots With Delta SkyMiles
Since re-entering service about a month ago, the plane has been shuttling back and forth between New York and Los Angeles.
TPG managed to snag a seat on the plane’s first run between the coasts, and we found that the new product was a welcome refresh from the old configuration. In Delta One, the plane features an open suite-style seat, and a new dedicated premium economy cabin, branded “Premium Select,” in addition to regular economy and Comfort+ seating options.
However, the seatback entertainment system was not working on the review flight, and according to the airline, it still hasn’t gone into operation.
Contributing: Benji Stawski/The Points Guy. Featured photo by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees