Miles Away: A Trip to The Seychelles, Africa’s Tropical Paradise
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Long before I joined forces with The Points Guy, he published a review and trip report that still often comes to mind, detailing Le Meridien Barbarons and his experience exploring the island nation of the Seychelles.
But TPG himself isn’t the only coworker who’s had an opportunity to visit — senior writer Darren Murph is also a Seychelles pro, so I invited Darren to join me to chat flights, hotels and activities on the podcast this week, helping me (and you!) plan the perfect trip to paradise.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
As Darren explains on the podcast, visitors will find an entirely different experience than they’ll get on the mainland:
“[The Seychelles] is Africa’s Hawaii. So if you want to visit Hawaii but on the other side of the world, this is it. It is the closest thing to Hawaii, but it’s on the continent of Africa. Or associated with it. So you get this amazing blend of both.”
Tourists can expect incredible beaches, great mountain hikes and warm hospitality from the locals — plus a reasonably short flight from the mainland, making the Seychelles an appealing side-trip option before or after an African safari.
For more on using rewards to book your trip, see:
- How to Use Hotel Points to Visit the Seychelles
- A Dream Trip to the ‘Eighth Continent’
- Exclusive Private Island Resort Is Joining Marriott
Featured image by Darren Murph.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.