Miles Away: A Trip to The Seychelles, Africa’s Tropical Paradise
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Long before I joined forces with The Points Guy, he published a review and trip report that still often comes to mind, detailing Le Meridien Barbarons and his experience exploring the island nation of the Seychelles.
But TPG himself isn’t the only coworker who’s had an opportunity to visit — senior writer Darren Murph is also a Seychelles pro, so I invited Darren to join me to chat flights, hotels and activities on the podcast this week, helping me (and you!) plan the perfect trip to paradise.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
As Darren explains on the podcast, visitors will find an entirely different experience than they’ll get on the mainland:
“[The Seychelles] is Africa’s Hawaii. So if you want to visit Hawaii but on the other side of the world, this is it. It is the closest thing to Hawaii, but it’s on the continent of Africa. Or associated with it. So you get this amazing blend of both.”
Tourists can expect incredible beaches, great mountain hikes and warm hospitality from the locals — plus a reasonably short flight from the mainland, making the Seychelles an appealing side-trip option before or after an African safari.
For more on using rewards to book your trip, see:
- How to Use Hotel Points to Visit the Seychelles
- A Dream Trip to the ‘Eighth Continent’
- Exclusive Private Island Resort Is Joining Marriott
Featured image by Darren Murph.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.