AA, Delta, United and Southwest: TPG frequent flyers duke it out over who’s best
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The TPG team tends to spend a considerable amount of time on the road, so, naturally, we have some very frequent flyers in our midst. And, since we love to strategize when it comes to every possible aspect of travel, frequent-flyer status is not only achievable but for many of our writers and editors an absolute must — the driving force behind airline loyalty.
Today, I invited three TPGers to join me for a very special edition of the Miles Away podcast: a full-fledged battle to defend their preferred airline, with:
- JT Genter (American Airlines)
- Scott Mayerowitz (Delta)
- Benet Wilson (Southwest)
- And me, Zach Honig (United)
We debate the in-flight product (things like the seats, fleet, catering and service), airports and lounges, frequent-flyer perks, and more. We’ll be digging into each airline and program individually tomorrow on the site, but in the meantime, I highly recommend listening to our spirited 30-minute chat.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like the team to cover on the Miles Away podcast, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet me at @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.