AA, Delta, United and Southwest: TPG frequent flyers duke it out over who’s best
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The TPG team tends to spend a considerable amount of time on the road, so, naturally, we have some very frequent flyers in our midst. And, since we love to strategize when it comes to every possible aspect of travel, frequent-flyer status is not only achievable but for many of our writers and editors an absolute must — the driving force behind airline loyalty.
Today, I invited three TPGers to join me for a very special edition of the Miles Away podcast: a full-fledged battle to defend their preferred airline, with:
- JT Genter (American Airlines)
- Scott Mayerowitz (Delta)
- Benet Wilson (Southwest)
- And me, Zach Honig (United)
We debate the in-flight product (things like the seats, fleet, catering and service), airports and lounges, frequent-flyer perks, and more. We’ll be digging into each airline and program individually tomorrow on the site, but in the meantime, I highly recommend listening to our spirited 30-minute chat.
You can listen to this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like the team to cover on the Miles Away podcast, please send us an email at email@example.com, tweet me at @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees