Miles Away: Start Planning Your 2020 Ski Trips Now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The 2019 ski season has only just begun, but if you’re hoping to travel during peak periods when the kids are out of school next year — think Presidents Day in February or spring break in March — now’s the time to begin planning travel for early 2020 as well.
TPG Family editor Summer Hull (of Mommy Points fame) and UK-based contributor Kathleen Porter Kristiansen join me on the second episode of Miles Away to chat all things winter family travel, including planning trips to top resorts in the US and Canada, scoring deals on lift tickets, minimizing your costs using points and miles and much more.
You can play this episode of Miles Away above, or listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts, including:
While you have plenty of options within the US as well, as Summer explains, value seekers may want to pay a visit to our neighbors to the north:
“I have different mountains I love for different things, and I think Keystone is a great all-around family mountain and affordable in a lot of different ways. I do also love Whistler if you want, like, almost pretty much guaranteed good snow for a lot of months out of the year. And the way that the dollar has been against the Canadian dollar, it’s not been nearly as expensive as skiing in Colorado.”
After you catch our latest episode, come on back here for more winter travel tips, including:
- Best Ski Resorts for Families in North America
- Planning Your Ski Trip With Points and Miles
- Everything You Need to Know About Packing for a Ski Trip
If you have any questions, thoughts or topics you’d like us to cover, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet at me @zachhonig or find me on Instagram — I’m @zachhonig there as well. And please don’t forget to subscribe!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.