Meet Airline Legend David Neeleman in NYC, Win Tickets to Portugal
Aviation enthusiasts and airline watchers are in for a treat this Friday, with a chance to meet one of the most influential figures in the airline industry: , David Neeleman, the founder and original CEO of JetBlue, who is now a co-owner of TAP Air Portugal.
The Portuguese airline, privatized in 2015, is celebrating its 50th anniversary at New York’s JFK airport on Friday, June 15. To mark the anniversary, Neeleman is hosting what a statement from the airline’s media representatives calls his first-ever “Aviation Geek Meet-Up.”
The catch is that this won’t happen at JFK — or at Newark, the other New York-area airport served by TAP — but in Brooklyn, more precisely in East Williamsburg, considered by many to be the hippest part of the city.
Neeleman will unveil TAP’s “Stopover Corner” and give away TAP novelties and Portuguese pastries. There will also be social media challenge for a chance win two TAP airline tickets to Lisbon.
WHEN: Friday, June 15, 2018, 3 – 4pm
WHERE: Corner of Bogart and Grattan Streets, Brooklyn
TAP is taking delivery this month of the first Airbus A330neo, the re-engined, modified version of the A330, Airbus’ long-haul workhorse. The airline is the launch customer for the airplane, which will feature a new cabin with updated seats. TAP, a member of Star Alliance — meaning you can earn and redeem United Airlines miles on it —is expected to send the A330neo to New York soon, although there are no confirmed dates for the debut. When we reviewed TAP’s business class on the current version of the A330, TPG Editor-at-large Zach Honig found it “fantastic.”
Featured image of David Neeleman in Lisbon on January 31, 2018. by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.