This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aviation enthusiasts and airline watchers are in for a treat this Friday, with a chance to meet one of the most influential figures in the airline industry: , David Neeleman, the founder and original CEO of JetBlue, who is now a co-owner of TAP Air Portugal.
The Portuguese airline, privatized in 2015, is celebrating its 50th anniversary at New York’s JFK airport on Friday, June 15. To mark the anniversary, Neeleman is hosting what a statement from the airline’s media representatives calls his first-ever “Aviation Geek Meet-Up.”
The catch is that this won’t happen at JFK — or at Newark, the other New York-area airport served by TAP — but in Brooklyn, more precisely in East Williamsburg, considered by many to be the hippest part of the city.
Neeleman will unveil TAP’s “Stopover Corner” and give away TAP novelties and Portuguese pastries. There will also be social media challenge for a chance win two TAP airline tickets to Lisbon.
WHEN: Friday, June 15, 2018, 3 – 4pm
WHERE: Corner of Bogart and Grattan Streets, Brooklyn
TAP is taking delivery this month of the first Airbus A330neo, the re-engined, modified version of the A330, Airbus’ long-haul workhorse. The airline is the launch customer for the airplane, which will feature a new cabin with updated seats. TAP, a member of Star Alliance — meaning you can earn and redeem United Airlines miles on it —is expected to send the A330neo to New York soon, although there are no confirmed dates for the debut. When we reviewed TAP’s business class on the current version of the A330, TPG Editor-at-large Zach Honig found it “fantastic.”
Featured image of David Neeleman in Lisbon on January 31, 2018. by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards