Meet Airline Legend David Neeleman in NYC, Win Tickets to Portugal
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aviation enthusiasts and airline watchers are in for a treat this Friday, with a chance to meet one of the most influential figures in the airline industry: , David Neeleman, the founder and original CEO of JetBlue, who is now a co-owner of TAP Air Portugal.
The Portuguese airline, privatized in 2015, is celebrating its 50th anniversary at New York’s JFK airport on Friday, June 15. To mark the anniversary, Neeleman is hosting what a statement from the airline’s media representatives calls his first-ever “Aviation Geek Meet-Up.”
The catch is that this won’t happen at JFK — or at Newark, the other New York-area airport served by TAP — but in Brooklyn, more precisely in East Williamsburg, considered by many to be the hippest part of the city.
Neeleman will unveil TAP’s “Stopover Corner” and give away TAP novelties and Portuguese pastries. There will also be social media challenge for a chance win two TAP airline tickets to Lisbon.
WHEN: Friday, June 15, 2018, 3 – 4pm
WHERE: Corner of Bogart and Grattan Streets, Brooklyn
TAP is taking delivery this month of the first Airbus A330neo, the re-engined, modified version of the A330, Airbus’ long-haul workhorse. The airline is the launch customer for the airplane, which will feature a new cabin with updated seats. TAP, a member of Star Alliance — meaning you can earn and redeem United Airlines miles on it —is expected to send the A330neo to New York soon, although there are no confirmed dates for the debut. When we reviewed TAP’s business class on the current version of the A330, TPG Editor-at-large Zach Honig found it “fantastic.”
Featured image of David Neeleman in Lisbon on January 31, 2018. by PATRICIA DE MELO MOREIRA/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees