Extended: New Marriott Bonvoy members can get a free night after two stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with Marriott’s latest promotion for new members.
Marriott is extending its promotion where new Bonvoy members can earn a free night after two paid stays.
New members who sign up for a Marriott Bonvoy account using this dedicated page will earn a free night after completing two paid stays between now and March 30, 2021. That free night will be valid for any stay worth up to 25,000 points. That’s enough to book a free night at any Category 1-4 hotel.
For more TPG news, deals and points and miles tips delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter.
What you need to know
This promotion is for new users only — not existing Bonvoy members — and you must sign up using the dedicated sign-up page.
The terms and conditions note that a stay is “defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity,” so you’ll need two actual separate stays to earn your free night, though there’s no minimum spending requirement.
Your free night certificate will be automatically deposited directly into your account after completing the stays, and you’ll be able to redeem it online when booking an award stay at an eligible property. The award will be valid for one year from the date of issuance, so be sure to use the certificate before it expires or its value to you is exactly zero.
Redeeming your free night
To redeem your free night, simply search for hotels using Marriott Bonvoy points and select one that prices at 25,000 Marriott points per night or less. Choose your desired room type and, at checkout, you will be given the option to pay using your Marriott 25,000-point certificate.
For reference, here’s a breakdown of Marriott’s award chart.
If you’re curious to know what 25,000 Marriott points are worth, here are some options around the world.
Standard points rate: Category 3 – 17,500 points per night
Catered to business travelers, this hotel in Mexico includes a fitness center, White Tea Bath & Body products and Westin Heavenly Beds. 17,500 points will score you either a king or queen room.
Standard points rate: Category 4 – 25,000 points per night
This Element hotel is a roughly 20-minute drive from downtown Boston, which may explain its lower category. But with an indoor pool, modern rooms with kitchens and free breakfast for all, it can be a solid place to redeem your free night.
Standard points rate: Category 4 – 25,000 points per night
This five-star hotel located just minutes from Seoul (ICN) Airport on the island of Yeongjongdo. This 370-room hotel offers views of the Yellow Sea. Built as the “ultimate retreat,” the hotel includes a library cafe, mini-theater, spa and an outdoor heated infinity pool.
Earning more free nights
If you’re new to the Marriott program and want more free nights in the future, you may want to consider adding a Marriott co-branded credit card to your wallet.
Within the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program, there are two types of annual free night certificates available. The cards with annual fees that hover around $100 or more per year offer an annual free night worth up to 35,000 points at each cardmember anniversary. These include the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card ($125 annual fee; see rates & fees).
Note, Marriott is extending all members’ elite status and points expiration through Feb. 2022, as well as extending free-night certificates and Suite Night Awards. For all new reservations with arrival dates through Dect. 30, 2020, Marriott is allowing free changes and cancellations up to 24 hours before check-in. In addition to enhanced cleaning protocols, Marriott is requiring guests to wear face coverings in public areas of hotels.
Additional reporting by Victoria M. Walker.
Featured image courtesy of Moxy Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees