Limited time: Earn up to 1,200 bonus Marriott points with Eat Around Town, existing members included
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Any opportunity to earn bonus Marriott points is welcome news. And Marriott’s current Eat Around Town promotion lets you earn up to 1,200 bonus points for purchases you’d likely make anyway.
Eat Around Town is a dining rewards program that gives Marriott Bonvoy loyalty members the ability to earn bonus points whenever they dine at a participating U.S. restaurant (of which there are more than 12,000). Just sign up, link a card to the program and you’ll get extra Marriott points whenever you use that card at a participating restaurant.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This promotion only lasts through June 30. Here’s what you need to know.
Marriott Eat Around Town promotion rewards you for dining
Marriott’s newest promotion doles out bonus points based on the number of times you visit a participating restaurant. You’ll earn:
- 200 bonus points for your first visit.
- 400 bonus points for your second visit.
- 600 bonus points for your third visit.
That’s a total of 1,200 bonus points. TPG valuations peg the value of Marriott points at 0.84 cents each, making this promotion worth $10.08 in travel.
However, if you know how to maximize Marriott points, you can get significantly more value. For example, I recently used my Marriott points for a stay at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, where I received a value of 3 cents each for my points. If you were to make a similarly strategic redemption, those 1,200 points could be worth $36 or more in travel.
Here are a few important details about this promotion:
- You must be enrolled in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- You cannot earn more than 1,200 bonus points from this promotion.
- You must spend at least $30 each time you dine to trigger the bonus (including taxes and tip).
- You can only earn one bonus per day.
- Orders placed through a third party, online ordering site or delivery service do not qualify.
If you manage to spend exactly $30 per visit, you’ll have spent $90 for 1,200 points. That’s over 13 bonus points per dollar.
One thing to note is that you must pay for your meal with the card you’ve linked to the Marriott Eat Around Town program. You will earn credit card rewards in addition to the promotional bonus points. So if you’re using a Marriott credit card like the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, you’ll earn an additional 3 points per dollar on dining.
You might consider a card that earns transferable points and gets a bonus on dining purchases. For example, the American Express® Gold Card earns 4 American Express Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on dining worldwide. You can transfer these points to a variety of airline and hotel loyalty programs, including Marriott Bonvoy.
If you think you’ll eat out three times by June 30, you can pick up an easy 1,200 Marriott points by enrolling in Marriott’s latest Eat Around Town promotion. More than 12,000 restaurants participate — but your favorite restaurants may not qualify, so you might be forced to try something new.
A bonus 1,200 points might not sound like a lot, but if you pounce on low-hanging fruit like this with regularity, you’ll build your points stash in no time.
Featured photo by nazar_ab/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees