Earn Delta miles and Hilton points when you donate to Lyft’s vaccine access fund
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today, Lyft partnered with Delta, Chase and Hilton to offer bonus Hilton Honors points to members who donate to Lyft’s Vaccine Access Initiative.
You can use Lyft’s Vaccine Access Initiative to book a ride for a friend or family member to a coronavirus vaccine clinic with its new Fund a Ride feature. Likewise, you can donate funds to Lyft’s vaccine access fund that helps book free rides for those in need to get to a vaccine clinic.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Vaccine Access initiative helps low-income, uninsured and at-risk by providing rides to COVID-19 vaccination clinics. Funds raised will provide Lyft ride credits to those needing a ride through national and local non-profit partners. Lyft hopes to offer a huge 60 million rides with this program.
To meet this goal, Lyft teamed up with its loyalty partners to offer bonus points and miles to those donating to the vaccine access fund. You’ll earn 2,000 Hilton Honors points when you donate at least $5 to the fund. Plus, the first 15,000 people who donate $5 or more will receive 250 bonus Delta SkyMiles. Make sure your Hilton and Delta accounts are linked to your Lyft account before you donate. These offers end on May 31, 2021.
To sweeten the deal even further, Hilton is matching the first $50,000 in donations dollar-for-dollar, so get out there and donate!
Further, make sure you pay with a Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning credit card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card when booking a ride for someone else. Cardmembers will earn 10x points per dollar spent on all purchases made with Lyft’s Fund a Ride program. According to Lyft, these purchases will also be eligible for Chase’s Pay Yourself Back program in the “next several weeks.”
You can donate to the vaccine access fund using this form on the Lyft website. You’ll be prompted to log into your Lyft account and can then select how much you’d like to donate. The bonus points will be automatically deposited into your Hilton and Delta accounts.
It’s great to see Lyft partner with Chase, Delta and Hilton to incentivize riders to donate to its vaccine access fund. This fund will help those in need get to a vaccination clinic, so consider donating if you can. After all, who doesn’t love earning bonus points for doing a little good?
Feature photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees