Famous Naples, Italy Pizzeria Expanding to Los Angeles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As far as culinary reputation goes, Los Angeles is revered for its fantastic street tacos, In-n-Out burgers and successfully adding kale to everything from salads to ice cream. But the city hasn’t really made a name for itself in the pizza world yet. While it’s not a completely barren, pizza-less wasteland — it’s not New York. And it’s certainly nowhere near Italy.
[UPDATE: We have changed the headline, and realize that we should probably be sticking to airlines, hotels and credit cards… or at least New York pizza. We’ve heard the comments, and are going back to giving you points & miles advice so you’ll be sipping champagne in the first-class cabin.]
But that’s about to change. LA, meet L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele — the famous Naples pizzeria that was featured in the novel and film adaption of “Eat Pray Love” and has been dubbed by some to be the best pizza in the world. The renowned pies are coming to Hollywood in April, Eater reported.
L’Antica is no joke. Described as a “no-frills” pizzeria, it is arguably the king-pin spot for Neapolitan pizza in all of Italy. They don’t take reservations, they only offer two pies (margherita and marinara) and they’ve used the same recipe since the 1870s. People line up in droves to get a taste of the famous L’Antica pizza, and the wait for a table can take hours.
For the LA incarnation of L’Antica, the restaurant will be straying slightly from its origins. Located where the former Café des Artistes was by Highland and Sunset, it will offer five different types of pies and an entirely new menu featuring Italian dishes by chef Michele Rubini. There will also be plenty of space to sit (indoor and outdoor!) at L’Antica’s 3,000 square foot interior.
Featured image by Paolo Manzo/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.