One of Tokyo’s most famous art installations is coming to London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you know anyone who has been to Japan recently, you’re likely to have seen pictures on their Instagram in one of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Rooms. If you haven’t seen a pic yet, they usually look a little something like this:
If flying to Japan in the name of the ‘Gram seems a bit extreme, then you’ll be able to fulfill your social media needs just by jumping on London’s Tube very soon. As part of Tate Modern’s 20th Anniversary celebrations, the art gallery will be featuring two of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Room installations.
And if you’re looking for a way to get there on miles and points check out our complete guide here.
The globally renowned 90-year-old’s “Infinity Mirrored Room – Filled With the Brilliance of Life” and “Chandelier of Grief” will open to visitors on May 11, 2020, for an entire year, closing up again on May 9, 2021. Tickets will go on sale 2 March — Tate Modern members will get free access while those without will be charged a small fee, which has not yet been disclosed. Memberships cost from £78 (about $102) per year or £7.50 (about $9.75) per month.
In the last five years, more than five million people have visited Kusama’s exhibitions in Tokyo. When speaking about Kusama’s work and that of other new installations this year, Frances Morris, director of the Tate Modern, said that the artists “embody art’s journey from the avant-garde of the early 20th century to the immersive installations being created today”.
Head over to the Tate Modern website to find out more.
Related: How to spend a Sunday in London
Featured image by In Pictures Ltd./Corbis via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.