One of Tokyo’s most famous art installations is coming to London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you know anyone who has been to Japan recently, you’re likely to have seen pictures on their Instagram in one of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Rooms. If you haven’t seen a pic yet, they usually look a little something like this:
If flying to Japan in the name of the ‘Gram seems a bit extreme, then you’ll be able to fulfill your social media needs just by jumping on London’s Tube very soon. As part of Tate Modern’s 20th Anniversary celebrations, the art gallery will be featuring two of Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Room installations.
And if you’re looking for a way to get there on miles and points check out our complete guide here.
The globally renowned 90-year-old’s “Infinity Mirrored Room – Filled With the Brilliance of Life” and “Chandelier of Grief” will open to visitors on May 11, 2020, for an entire year, closing up again on May 9, 2021. Tickets will go on sale 2 March — Tate Modern members will get free access while those without will be charged a small fee, which has not yet been disclosed. Memberships cost from £78 (about $102) per year or £7.50 (about $9.75) per month.
In the last five years, more than five million people have visited Kusama’s exhibitions in Tokyo. When speaking about Kusama’s work and that of other new installations this year, Frances Morris, director of the Tate Modern, said that the artists “embody art’s journey from the avant-garde of the early 20th century to the immersive installations being created today”.
Head over to the Tate Modern website to find out more.
Related: How to spend a Sunday in London
Featured image by In Pictures Ltd./Corbis via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees