Yayoi Kusama is bringing a brand-new Infinity Mirrored Room to NYC just in time for your next visit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yayoi Kusama is at it again.
On the heels of her latest exhibit at the David Zwirner gallery in New York City, the famed Japanese artist will open another exhibit at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. As Time Out New York reports, it will be named “KUSAMA: Cosmic Nature.” If her past exhibits are any indication, this one is also going to be a hit.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Cosmic Nature will include various sculptures, paintings and, of course, Kusama’s iconic Infinity Rooms. There will also be four new projects, including one titled “Infinity Mirrored Room—Illusion Inside the Heart.” The cube-shaped structure, made of mirrors, will be situated in the middle of the garden and will reflect the changing environment. Not surprisingly, the gardens are expecting lines to be out the door and will issue timed tickets for admission.
There’s also going to be an interactive greenhouse in which visitors can participate in the artist’s “obliteration” art. They’ll get to apply stickers and “coral-colored blossoms” throughout the interior of the structure.
In case you’re somehow not excited already, there will also be two giant structures including “Dancing Pumpkin” and a 13-foot-high biomorphic form titled, “I Want to Fly to the Universe.” In Kusama’s signature design, it will feature a polka-dotted face.
Even the New York Botanical Garden will join in on the fun: It’s planning on wrapping trees in the famed polka-dot fabric.
While tickets are $35 for adults, you can get a $2 discount if you’re a senior or student (with valid ID). Tickets are $15 for children ages 2 to 12, and free of charge for kids under 2. They go on sale to the public Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. EST, but if you’re a Patron-level member, you can snag them starting Feb. 19 at 10 a.m. EST.
The exhibit will run from May 9 to Nov. 1.
Featured photo courtesy of the New York Botanical Garden.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees