Yayoi Kusama is bringing a brand-new Infinity Mirrored Room to NYC just in time for your next visit
Yayoi Kusama is at it again.
On the heels of her latest exhibit at the David Zwirner gallery in New York City, the famed Japanese artist will open another exhibit at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. As Time Out New York reports, it will be named “KUSAMA: Cosmic Nature.” If her past exhibits are any indication, this one is also going to be a hit.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Cosmic Nature will include various sculptures, paintings and, of course, Kusama’s iconic Infinity Rooms. There will also be four new projects, including one titled “Infinity Mirrored Room—Illusion Inside the Heart.” The cube-shaped structure, made of mirrors, will be situated in the middle of the garden and will reflect the changing environment. Not surprisingly, the gardens are expecting lines to be out the door and will issue timed tickets for admission.
There’s also going to be an interactive greenhouse in which visitors can participate in the artist’s “obliteration” art. They’ll get to apply stickers and “coral-colored blossoms” throughout the interior of the structure.
In case you’re somehow not excited already, there will also be two giant structures including “Dancing Pumpkin” and a 13-foot-high biomorphic form titled, “I Want to Fly to the Universe.” In Kusama’s signature design, it will feature a polka-dotted face.
Even the New York Botanical Garden will join in on the fun: It’s planning on wrapping trees in the famed polka-dot fabric.
While tickets are $35 for adults, you can get a $2 discount if you’re a senior or student (with valid ID). Tickets are $15 for children ages 2 to 12, and free of charge for kids under 2. They go on sale to the public Feb. 26 at 10 a.m. EST, but if you’re a Patron-level member, you can snag them starting Feb. 19 at 10 a.m. EST.
The exhibit will run from May 9 to Nov. 1.
Featured photo courtesy of the New York Botanical Garden.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.