Lifetime Choice Gold Status and Points for Military Families and Veterans
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It usually takes many flights or hotel nights to achieve lifetime status, but programs will occasionally offer “fast-track” or limited-time offers to sidestep those requirements. One such example is right now available for our men and women in uniform: Choice Hotels is currently offering lifetime Gold elite status to to Choice Privileges members who are active duty military, veterans and military spouses. To sweeten the deal even further, you’ll also get 2,500 points after your next qualifying stay. TPG’s latest valuations peg the value of these points at $15 — but it’s possible to get significantly greater value from Choice points.
Normally, it takes ten nights per calendar year to earn or keep Choice Gold status. Gold status provides modest perks including:
- 10% elite point bonus
- Exclusive reservations and customer services phone numbers (US and Canada members only)
- Exclusive Elite member offers
- Choose an elite welcome gift or bonus points at participating US and Canadian hotels
To be eligible, you’ll need to be an active duty, reserve, retired member or spouse of the US Armed Services, have appropriate military identification, and be over the age of 18. For the purposes of this offer, the US Armed Services includes the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard.
If you aren’t a Choice Privileges member, you’ll first need to enroll in the program. Then, go to www.choicehotels.com/CPMilitary to submit the Military Choice Privileges Enrollment Form. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you’ll receive Lifetime Gold Elite Status. You’ll also be awarded 2,500 Choice bonus points within eight weeks of your first qualifying stay after receiving Lifetime Gold Elite Status — and if you book before January 31, 2019 through Choice’s Secret Site, you’ll get an additional 1,000 points. A qualifying stay is defined as a stay at a participating hotel booked using the Choice Hotels website or mobile app that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points. While most reservations are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points, some — including rooms booked below $40 per night — are excluded. Be sure to read the terms and conditions to make sure your stay counts.
In order to maintain your Lifetime Gold Elite Status and retain accumulated Choice Privileges points, you’ll need to make sure you have a qualifying activity every 18 months. A qualifying activity is anything that adds or removes points from your Choice Privileges account, so a qualifying stay, award night stay or purchase of points all count.
There’s no telling how long Choice will offer Lifetime Gold Elite Status to US Armed Services families and veterans, and since there’s no downside to signing up, go ahead and enroll now if you’re eligible.
Featured photo by fstop123/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees