This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It usually takes many flights or hotel nights to achieve lifetime status, but programs will occasionally offer “fast-track” or limited-time offers to sidestep those requirements. One such example is right now available for our men and women in uniform: Choice Hotels is currently offering lifetime Gold elite status to to Choice Privileges members who are active duty military, veterans and military spouses. To sweeten the deal even further, you’ll also get 2,500 points after your next qualifying stay. TPG’s latest valuations peg the value of these points at $15 — but it’s possible to get significantly greater value from Choice points.
Normally, it takes ten nights per calendar year to earn or keep Choice Gold status. Gold status provides modest perks including:
- 10% elite point bonus
- Exclusive reservations and customer services phone numbers (US and Canada members only)
- Exclusive Elite member offers
- Choose an elite welcome gift or bonus points at participating US and Canadian hotels
To be eligible, you’ll need to be an active duty, reserve, retired member or spouse of the US Armed Services, have appropriate military identification, and be over the age of 18. For the purposes of this offer, the US Armed Services includes the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard.
If you aren’t a Choice Privileges member, you’ll first need to enroll in the program. Then, go to www.choicehotels.com/CPMilitary to submit the Military Choice Privileges Enrollment Form. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you’ll receive Lifetime Gold Elite Status. You’ll also be awarded 2,500 Choice bonus points within eight weeks of your first qualifying stay after receiving Lifetime Gold Elite Status — and if you book before January 31, 2019 through Choice’s Secret Site, you’ll get an additional 1,000 points. A qualifying stay is defined as a stay at a participating hotel booked using the Choice Hotels website or mobile app that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points. While most reservations are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points, some — including rooms booked below $40 per night — are excluded. Be sure to read the terms and conditions to make sure your stay counts.
In order to maintain your Lifetime Gold Elite Status and retain accumulated Choice Privileges points, you’ll need to make sure you have a qualifying activity every 18 months. A qualifying activity is anything that adds or removes points from your Choice Privileges account, so a qualifying stay, award night stay or purchase of points all count.
There’s no telling how long Choice will offer Lifetime Gold Elite Status to US Armed Services families and veterans, and since there’s no downside to signing up, go ahead and enroll now if you’re eligible.
Featured photo by fstop123/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards