LATAM unveils Star Wars “Galaxy’s Edge” themed livery
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
LATAM Brazil recently unveiled a special new Star Wars themed livery. The livery celebrates the new Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge attraction at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, which officially opened to park visitors on August 29.
LATAM Brazil’s new livery can be found on PT-MUA, an 11-year-old Boeing 777-300ER. The livery features a gigantic stormtrooper emblazoned on the aircraft’s tail. In addition to a massive stormtrooper, the aircraft features a black stripe with text promoting the new Disney World attraction.
LATAM Brazil joins ANA and United in choosing to feature Star Wars themed liveries. ANA was the first airline to feature a livery promoting the popular Sci-Fi franchise. ANA introduced its Star Wars-themed livery in 2016, with three aircraft in total featuring Star Wars characters. Earlier this year, United unveiled its own Star Wars livery on one of the airline’s Boeing 737-900s.
LATAM’s tricked out Boeing 777-300ER will operate long-haul flights from the airline’s hub at São Paulo-Guarulhos (GRU) to destinations including Orlando, Miami, Madrid, Frankfurt and Paris. LATAM Brazil expects the aircraft to arrive in São Paulo in October. Flights will begin shortly thereafter.
Featured courtesy of LATAM
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.