Escape the winter weather and save up to $500 on select JetBlue vacation packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new year is almost upon us, and to celebrate, JetBlue has launched “20 deals for 2020” on select vacation packages. Many of these could provide a welcome respite from the chilly winter weather for our readers in the northeast. On the surface, these may not seem incredibly exciting, as most offer a discount of just $100. However, if you book before Jan. 1 and stack with an existing offer, you could score up to $500 off.
Get travel coverage like this delivered to your inbox by signing up for the TPG daily newsletter.
Let’s start with the details of the new deal. If you book one of the JetBlue vacations packages featured at this page by Jan 8, 2020, you’ll enjoy a discount or added perk of some sort. While most of these offer $100 off, some give a percentage discount, and there’s even one that offers complimentary airport lounge access in Boston (BOS). Each one has a specific window of travel dates and minimum-stay requirements, so be sure to read the terms carefully to make sure you can utilize the offer.
However, there’s a simple way to make this even more rewarding if you’re an American Express cardholder: Check your Amex Offers to see if you’re targeted for the JetBlue Vacations discount that popped up in November. If it’s there and you spend $1,500 or more in a single transaction online with JetBlue Vacations by Dec. 31, 2019, you’ll enjoy another $400 off your hotel and air package.
Just be sure to add the offer to your card and use that card to book the trip.
Here’s an example of how this would work. Let’s say you wanted to book a four-night getaway from New York-JFK to Jamaica in late February — right when those winter blues are really setting in.
With the new 20 deals for 2020 promotion, you could get $100 off this vacation package when you stay a minimum of four nights and enter the code MB2020 at checkout. You could thus drop the price of the above getaway to $1,975.28.
Then, if you book with a card that has the aforementioned Amex Offer, you’d get another $400 back as a statement credit, dropping the total out-of-pocket cost to $1,519.18. That’s just $759.59 per person for a four-night, all-inclusive trip to a luxury hotel in Jamaica. Not bad, especially considering that the above flights alone would be $530.59.
While these new deals are valid on bookings made by Jan. 8. 2020, the Amex Offer expires tomorrow (Tuesday Dec. 31), so to fully maximize your discount, try to lock in those plans today.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue Vacations.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees