Escape the winter weather and save up to $500 on select JetBlue vacation packages
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new year is almost upon us, and to celebrate, JetBlue has launched “20 deals for 2020” on select vacation packages. Many of these could provide a welcome respite from the chilly winter weather for our readers in the northeast. On the surface, these may not seem incredibly exciting, as most offer a discount of just $100. However, if you book before Jan. 1 and stack with an existing offer, you could score up to $500 off.
Get travel coverage like this delivered to your inbox by signing up for the TPG daily newsletter.
Let’s start with the details of the new deal. If you book one of the JetBlue vacations packages featured at this page by Jan 8, 2020, you’ll enjoy a discount or added perk of some sort. While most of these offer $100 off, some give a percentage discount, and there’s even one that offers complimentary airport lounge access in Boston (BOS). Each one has a specific window of travel dates and minimum-stay requirements, so be sure to read the terms carefully to make sure you can utilize the offer.
However, there’s a simple way to make this even more rewarding if you’re an American Express cardholder: Check your Amex Offers to see if you’re targeted for the JetBlue Vacations discount that popped up in November. If it’s there and you spend $1,500 or more in a single transaction online with JetBlue Vacations by Dec. 31, 2019, you’ll enjoy another $400 off your hotel and air package.
Just be sure to add the offer to your card and use that card to book the trip.
Here’s an example of how this would work. Let’s say you wanted to book a four-night getaway from New York-JFK to Jamaica in late February — right when those winter blues are really setting in.
With the new 20 deals for 2020 promotion, you could get $100 off this vacation package when you stay a minimum of four nights and enter the code MB2020 at checkout. You could thus drop the price of the above getaway to $1,975.28.
Then, if you book with a card that has the aforementioned Amex Offer, you’d get another $400 back as a statement credit, dropping the total out-of-pocket cost to $1,519.18. That’s just $759.59 per person for a four-night, all-inclusive trip to a luxury hotel in Jamaica. Not bad, especially considering that the above flights alone would be $530.59.
While these new deals are valid on bookings made by Jan. 8. 2020, the Amex Offer expires tomorrow (Tuesday Dec. 31), so to fully maximize your discount, try to lock in those plans today.
Featured photo courtesy of JetBlue Vacations.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.