This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For a limited time, you can get up to a 50% when you purchase JetBlue TrueBlue points. The tiered promo lasts through May 24, 2018 and the bonus kicks in when you purchase a minimum of 3,000 points — the more points you buy, the higher your bonus will be:
Here’s how the promotion breaks down:
- Purchase 3,000-9,500 points: Get a 20% bonus
- Purchase 10,000-19,500 points: Get a 30% bonus
- Purchase 20,000-29,500 points: Get a 40% bonus
- Purchase 30,000 points: Get a 50% bonus
TrueBlue points typically cost 3.7 cents apiece including the tax recovery fee, but this promotion will lower the cost to as little as 1.97 cents per point when you buy 30,000 points for $886.88 (including tax) and get 15,000 points due to the 50% bonus.
TPG values TrueBlue points at 1.3 cents apiece, so even with the largest bonus, you’re still paying more than what these TrueBlue points are typically worth. However, if you’re just a bit shy of an award flight, buying enough points to bridge the gap could make sense — and this promotion will at least let you do that at a discount.
Note that you can purchase a maximum of 30,000 points per transaction, and a maximum of 120,000 points per calendar year. Additionally, remember that JetBlue point purchases are processed by Points.com, so you won’t earn bonus rewards for using the JetBlue Plus Card or another co-branded option. If you’re looking to maximize your return on spending here, your best bet would be the Chase Freedom Unlimited, which earns 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points on every purchase.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee