Is the Latest Rowdy Passenger Trend on Ryanair … Cocaine?
If you’ve ever been on a Ryanair flight, you may be familiar with the grueling (and that’s putting it kindly) experience aboard the plane. As a passenger on any low-cost carrier flight, you’ve already made sacrifices. You’ve lost access to comfortable leg room, regularly priced food, Wi-Fi/cell service and carry-on bag norms. It is the definition of the frustrating phrase, “you get what you paid for.”
Now take all of that, and imagine you are seated behind a noisy bachelor party… cutting up sizable lines of cocaine.
Welcome to Ryanair ?⤵️⤵️ pic.twitter.com/B3haBXyORD
— Dean Steadman (@7737_44) September 11, 2018
Well, I guess that is one solution to surviving a Ryanair flight. People are rightfully questioning this video’s authenticity. There is a lot to call into question — and airport security is just the tip of the iceberg.
Yes, they are going to Ibiza, but the white powder, aside from the declarations of the lads in the video, is pretty ambiguous. The flight attendant (who has the demeanor of a worn out school teacher completely over attempting to quiet the class, I should note) doesn’t seem bothered. He even hands out nips of liquor to the passengers.
But let’s not forget that flights to Ibiza are infamous for their drunken, rowdy crowd. Ryanair has even started pushing airports to ban morning drinking in an attempt to limit the racket after an alcohol-fueled incident on Dublin to Ibiza flight caused the plane to divert Paris to remove the “unruly” passengers.
Ryanair’s spokesman doesn’t have much to say on the cocaine matter, stating to the Sun Online:
“We don’t comment on unverified social media videos.”
Either way, as sighted in this Vice UK article, which does a pretty good job of breaking down the facts of the matter, just about anything goes when you’re aboard a Ryanair flight.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.