IHG To Add Six Senses Hotels & Resorts for Points Redemption
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG Rewards Club members will soon have the option to redeem points for stays at Six Senses Hotels & Resorts. First reported by The Shutterwhale, IHG has begun the process of adding Six Senses properties to the hotel group’s booking engine. Already, a few Six Senses properties have been loaded into IHG’s booking engine though, Six Senses continues to operate independently.
International Hotels Group (IHG) acquired the luxury hotel and resort chain Six Senses in February 2019 for $300 million. Through its acquisition of Six Senses, 16 luxury hotels and resorts will soon join the IHG portfolio.
According to IHG, Six Senses’ current portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts includes 1,347 rooms. An additional 18 management contracts have been signed, signaling further development with more than 60 new Six Senses properties planned over the next 10 years.
Six Senses is a luxury brand with hotels and resorts located in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. The brand offers luxury accommodations while also focusing on wellness. Notable properties include the Six Senses Laamu (The Maldives), Six Senses Zighy Bay (Oman), and Six Senses Douro Valley (Portugal). Those three properties were ranked in the top 10 in Condé Nast’s 2018 Reader’s Choice Awards.
IHG Rewards Club members will soon be able to use their points for award nights at Six Senses properties. The exact date on which IHG will begin accepting award bookings at Six Senses properties is not yet known. However, a number of Six Senses Hotels & Resorts are already showing up on IHG.com.
At the moment, attempting to book an award stay at a Six Senses property will redirect users to a landing page. That landing page notes that Six Senses properties are still operating independently of the IHG brand and are not available via IHG.com. This means that IHG Rewards Members will have to wait a while before they can use their points at these luxury hotels and resorts.
The exact number of points required to book Six Senses properties is also unavailable. The Shutterwhale speculates that a standard award rate will start around 75,000 points, with some properties reaching 100,000 points a night. Both the 75,000- and 100,000-points categories were only recently introduced by IHG. Comparable IHG properties, such as the InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa and the InterContinental Resort Tahiti, start at 40,000 and 50,000 points per night, respectively.
It appears that IHG is currently in the process of integrating Six Senses properties into the hotel group’s portfolio of hotels and resorts. Unfortunately, it is not yet known when the first Six Senses property will be available to book with points. IHG Rewards Club members that are interested in staying at one of IHG’s new luxury properties should periodically check IHG.com for availability. The Points Guy will monitor availability and provide an update when Six Senses properties become available using IHG Rewards Club points.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Six Senses Hotels & Resorts
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees