New all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun opening Sept. 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
Hyatt’s newest addition to its all-inclusive portfolio, The Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun, will open on Sept. 1, 2021 and can now be booked online. There’s currently a grand opening sale with rates as low as $297 per night. The family-friendly resort will have 438 rooms, multiple restaurants, a spa and meeting facilities. This will be Hyatt’s third all-inclusive property in the area, joining the Hyatt Ziva Cancun and adults-only Hyatt Zilara resort. Both properties are located about an hour from the new resort.
According to a press release from Hyatt (and reported by Miles for Family), the new Hyatt Ziva resort is on the site of the former Secrets Silversands Riviera Maya, so it likely isn’t a brand-new resort but rather a rebrand. It’s also a mere 20-minute drive from Cancun International Airport (CUN), making it a more convenient option than the other two Hyatt properties. Family travelers will especially appreciate that the resort is closer to the airport and away from the busy Hotel Zone.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
While you can’t use your Hyatt points to book this property just yet, judging by other Hyatt Ziva hotels, we can expect this to be a Category 5 or 6 property. Based on Hyatt’s current award chart, that would require about 20,000-25,000 points per night under Hyatt’s current award chart.
However, Hyatt is implementing peak and off-peak pricing in July 2021. Therefore, these rates could range from 17,000-29,000 points per night.
Regardless of which category the new property falls into, Hyatt Ziva resorts are some of the best all-inclusive hotels out there in terms of value for your points. Considering some properties often price out at $500+ per night, redeeming 20,000-25,000 points is a bargain.
In my experience, their restaurants offer terrific food, the rooms at the newer properties are nice and the redemption value is hard to beat. If you’ve been saving up your Hyatt points for an awesome post-pandemic vacation, the new Hyatt Ziva Cancun Riviera might just be it.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
Featured image by Arthur Fonoretzky/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees