Earn 25% more miles when you transfer Hyatt points to American Airlines
But the real question is, should you? Let’s dig into why it might not be the best idea.
While a bonus of any sort sounds like a win at first glance, you have to take into consideration what the transfer ratio is. For example, if you transfer the minimum requirement of 5,000 World of Hyatt points, you’ll earn 2,500 AAdvantage miles with the 25% transfer bonus. That means that this is a transfer ratio of 2:1, which isn’t the best.
Related: Guide to current transfer bonuses
However, if you’re sitting on a pile of World of Hyatt points and have no near-future stays in mind then it may be worth it to get some sort of bonus.
It also may be worth considering if you have an American Airlines redemption in mind and are just a few thousand miles away. Something worth noting from personal experience is that this transfer is not instant, so if you’re looking for a quick transfer then this is not the one for you.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.