Hyatt Is Sending Out Targeted Globalist Status Challenges
Unless you’re a frequent road warrior, qualifying for top tier hotel elite status is a tough feat to accomplish. You can speed up the process by leveraging the right cobranded credit card, but the fastest way to go from zero to 100 is with a status match or challenge.
Recently Hyatt has been sending out targeted status challenges to select members. If you’re lucky enough to receive this offer, you can get three complimentary months of Hyatt Globalist status. If you stay 20 nights during this trial period, your status will be extended almost a full year until February 2020.
Earning Hyatt Globalist status normally requires 60 nights a year or 100,000 base points (equivalent to $20,000 in spending), so this deal is a great shortcut if you’re targeted. Globalist status comes with a 30% points bonus (or an additional 1.5 points per dollar spent), space available room upgrades including suites, four confirmable suite upgrade awards, club lounge access and/or free breakfast and a host of other perks.
If you’re targeted for this offer, you should strongly consider rearranging your upcoming travel for the next three months to include 20 nights at Hyatt hotels, and you might even be able to find a good value mattress run. Hyatt recently opened award bookings at its new Hyatt Ziva and Zilara Cap Cana properties in the Dominican Republic, as well as adding 57 Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties to its award chart. This is a huge addition and gives you more properties than ever before to pick from. If you plan on booking a few Hyatt stays in the near future, don’t forget to apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, which is currently offering a tiered welcome bonus of up to 50,000 points after spending $6,000 total in the first six months.
H/T Richard Kerr
Featured photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees