Hyatt Is Sending Out Targeted Globalist Status Challenges
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unless you’re a frequent road warrior, qualifying for top tier hotel elite status is a tough feat to accomplish. You can speed up the process by leveraging the right cobranded credit card, but the fastest way to go from zero to 100 is with a status match or challenge.
Recently Hyatt has been sending out targeted status challenges to select members. If you’re lucky enough to receive this offer, you can get three complimentary months of Hyatt Globalist status. If you stay 20 nights during this trial period, your status will be extended almost a full year until February 2020.
Earning Hyatt Globalist status normally requires 60 nights a year or 100,000 base points (equivalent to $20,000 in spending), so this deal is a great shortcut if you’re targeted. Globalist status comes with a 30% points bonus (or an additional 1.5 points per dollar spent), space available room upgrades including suites, four confirmable suite upgrade awards, club lounge access and/or free breakfast and a host of other perks.
If you’re targeted for this offer, you should strongly consider rearranging your upcoming travel for the next three months to include 20 nights at Hyatt hotels, and you might even be able to find a good value mattress run. Hyatt recently opened award bookings at its new Hyatt Ziva and Zilara Cap Cana properties in the Dominican Republic, as well as adding 57 Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties to its award chart. This is a huge addition and gives you more properties than ever before to pick from. If you plan on booking a few Hyatt stays in the near future, don’t forget to apply for The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, which is currently offering a tiered welcome bonus of up to 50,000 points after spending $6,000 total in the first six months.
H/T Richard Kerr
Featured photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.