Save 10% on Award Redemptions at Hyatt Properties This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Summer’s nearly here and that means we’re finally kicking off the high travel season. We’re seeing this reflected in all kinds of discounts, from American Express offers to best-of-the-year bonuses on airline miles, and today Hyatt throws its hat into the ring with its newest promotion.
From July 1 to September 2, 2019, travelers with The World of Hyatt Credit Card (or the old Hyatt credit card) can receive 10% of their redeemed points back as bonus points. Happily, this discount applies to free stays, Points + Cash reservations, room upgrades, dining, spa services, FIND experiences and more, which means that almost everything you spend your points on this summer is 10% off. Note that transfers to airline partners and those redeemed for Avis car rental certificates are not eligible for the rebate.
Now for the additional details:
- Cardholders must register by July 15 to qualify.
- Award stays must be booked and completed by September 2.
- This does applies to existing reservations, as long as you register by July 15 and complete your stay by September 2.
- The bonus points will be automatically deposited back into your account within 6-8 weeks after the redemption has been completed.
- There’s no limit to the number of points you can get back.
To register, head to the promotion page, or use the link provided in the email sent to eligible cardholders.
We’ve also verified with a Hyatt spokesperson that it doesn’t only apply to current cardholders. This makes it a terrific time to apply for The World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is offering a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points. You’ll earn 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and an additional 25,000 points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first six months of account opening. However, you don’t need to actually use these points to utilize the promotion. As long as your card is open at the time of fulfillment, any and all points you redeem for eligible awards will get you 10% back.
That being said, keep in mind that TPG values Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, so it’s always a good idea to do the math and figure out if you’re getting full value from your points. This is especially true for things like dining and spa treatments, where even a 10% rebate doesn’t necessarily make it worthwhile.
This is one of the most lucrative promotions that Hyatt puts out and is one we’ve seen for the past several years running, so it’s great to see it return. Even if you don’t currently have plans to redeem Hyatt points this summer, go ahead and register now just in case a last-minute award stay pops up.
And if you need some inspiration for a Hyatt trip, check out our guide to maximizing redemptions with the program.
Featured photo by of Sara Wass/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.