Save 10% on Award Redemptions at Hyatt Properties This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Summer’s nearly here and that means we’re finally kicking off the high travel season. We’re seeing this reflected in all kinds of discounts, from American Express offers to best-of-the-year bonuses on airline miles, and today Hyatt throws its hat into the ring with its newest promotion.
From July 1 to September 2, 2019, travelers with The World of Hyatt Credit Card (or the old Hyatt credit card) can receive 10% of their redeemed points back as bonus points. Happily, this discount applies to free stays, Points + Cash reservations, room upgrades, dining, spa services, FIND experiences and more, which means that almost everything you spend your points on this summer is 10% off. Note that transfers to airline partners and those redeemed for Avis car rental certificates are not eligible for the rebate.
Now for the additional details:
- Cardholders must register by July 15 to qualify.
- Award stays must be booked and completed by September 2.
- This does applies to existing reservations, as long as you register by July 15 and complete your stay by September 2.
- The bonus points will be automatically deposited back into your account within 6-8 weeks after the redemption has been completed.
- There’s no limit to the number of points you can get back.
To register, head to the promotion page, or use the link provided in the email sent to eligible cardholders.
We’ve also verified with a Hyatt spokesperson that it doesn’t only apply to current cardholders. This makes it a terrific time to apply for The World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is offering a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points. You’ll earn 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and an additional 25,000 points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first six months of account opening. However, you don’t need to actually use these points to utilize the promotion. As long as your card is open at the time of fulfillment, any and all points you redeem for eligible awards will get you 10% back.
That being said, keep in mind that TPG values Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, so it’s always a good idea to do the math and figure out if you’re getting full value from your points. This is especially true for things like dining and spa treatments, where even a 10% rebate doesn’t necessarily make it worthwhile.
This is one of the most lucrative promotions that Hyatt puts out and is one we’ve seen for the past several years running, so it’s great to see it return. Even if you don’t currently have plans to redeem Hyatt points this summer, go ahead and register now just in case a last-minute award stay pops up.
And if you need some inspiration for a Hyatt trip, check out our guide to maximizing redemptions with the program.
Featured photo by of Sara Wass/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees