This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Summer’s nearly here and that means we’re finally kicking off the high travel season. We’re seeing this reflected in all kinds of discounts, from American Express offers to best-of-the-year bonuses on airline miles, and today Hyatt throws its hat into the ring with its newest promotion.
From July 1 to September 2, 2019, travelers with The World of Hyatt Credit Card (or the old Hyatt credit card) can receive 10% of their redeemed points back as bonus points. Happily, this discount applies to free stays, Points + Cash reservations, room upgrades, dining, spa services, FIND experiences and more, which means that almost everything you spend your points on this summer is 10% off. Note that transfers to airline partners and those redeemed for Avis car rental certificates are not eligible for the rebate.
Now for the additional details:
- Cardholders must register by July 15 to qualify.
- Award stays must be booked and completed by September 2.
- This does applies to existing reservations, as long as you register by July 15 and complete your stay by September 2.
- The bonus points will be automatically deposited back into your account within 6-8 weeks after the redemption has been completed.
- There’s no limit to the number of points you can get back.
To register, head to the promotion page, or use the link provided in the email sent to eligible cardholders.
We’ve also verified with a Hyatt spokesperson that it doesn’t only apply to current cardholders. This makes it a terrific time to apply for The World of Hyatt Credit Card, which is offering a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points. You’ll earn 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and an additional 25,000 points after you spend $6,000 total on purchases within the first six months of account opening. However, you don’t need to actually use these points to utilize the promotion. As long as your card is open at the time of fulfillment, any and all points you redeem for eligible awards will get you 10% back.
That being said, keep in mind that TPG values Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, so it’s always a good idea to do the math and figure out if you’re getting full value from your points. This is especially true for things like dining and spa treatments, where even a 10% rebate doesn’t necessarily make it worthwhile.
This is one of the most lucrative promotions that Hyatt puts out and is one we’ve seen for the past several years running, so it’s great to see it return. Even if you don’t currently have plans to redeem Hyatt points this summer, go ahead and register now just in case a last-minute award stay pops up.
And if you need some inspiration for a Hyatt trip, check out our guide to maximizing redemptions with the program.
Featured photo by of Sara Wass/The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
- Free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships