8 tips for not just surviving but thriving on a group trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sixteen women — many who didn’t know each other — decide to go on a 10-day trip to Morocco. What could possibly go wrong?
We spent nine days traveling around Morocco riding in four Toyota Land Runners with five guides from Trips To Morocco. Here are eight tips from me and my besties, Lauren and Roxana, that you should strongly consider if you decide to plan and execute a girls trip.
Pick the right group
My bestie, Lauren A., was the trip planner and the alpha woman. Everyone on the trip was either directly or indirectly connected to her. Back in May, she sent out a note about this February trip, and I was the first one to respond. Once it was all said and done, there were five of us who went to college together, Lauren’s stepsister and stepsister-in-law (who brought her childhood friend), women from the New Jersey “Mommy Mafia” and the crew from Lauren’s hometown of Ipswich, Mass.
Be upfront about trip costs
Watch out for posers
Know your audience
Bring a few Scouts
Bring a newbie or two
Leave room for everyone to be who they want
Cherish the moments while you’re in them
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.