NYC Restaurant Week is back — here’s how to get up to $100 off with a Mastercard
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: NYC Restaurant Week has been extended through Feb. 28, 2021.
New York City Restaurant Week may look different this year, but the city’s eateries need our support now more than ever.
In 2021, Restaurant Week becomes Restaurant Week To Go, with takeout and delivery options at over 500 New York City restaurants from January 25 through January 31. Each restaurant will have a lunch and dinner meal option for $20.21.
But the deal gets even sweeter if you choose to pay with a Mastercard. You’ll receive a $10 statement credit for each transaction of $20.21 or greater, up to $100 back. That means you can score a takeout meal for about $10 (and change) from a variety of top restaurants across the city, up to 10 times.
For more TPG news and reviews delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To enjoy this tasty deal, you first have to pre-register your Mastercard. Simply enter your name, card information and check a few boxes. Once you’ve registered your card, browse through the restaurant selections and place your pickup or delivery order through the individual restaurant’s website, Seamless, Grubhub or Tock.
Make sure to pay with the same Mastercard you pre-registered with and the statement credit should kick in within five days of the purchase.
Similar to previous Restaurant Week offers, each establishment has a specific menu for the $20.21 deal. But with over 500 spots to choose from, you have no shortage of options.
If you’re like us, you know that this deal can get you more than just a $10 Mastercard statement. For instance, the Citi Premier® Card earns 3x ThankYou points per $1 at restaurants and is offering a sign-up offer of 60,000 ThankYou Rewards points (worth $1,020 based on TPG valuation) after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
The recently introduced Chase Freedom Flex is another great Mastercard option, with no annual fee and 3x earnings at restaurants. Finally, you can also earn 4% cash back on dining purchases with the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card — also a Mastercard. The card has a $95 annual fee. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you don’t have a Mastercard but still want to take advantage of Restaurant Week, make sure to check out our list of best credit cards for dining out.
Additional reporting by Caroline Blair.
Featured Image courtesy of Carol Yepes/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.