NYC Restaurant Week is back — here’s how to get up to $100 off with a Mastercard
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: NYC Restaurant Week has been extended through Feb. 28, 2021.
New York City Restaurant Week may look different this year, but the city’s eateries need our support now more than ever.
In 2021, Restaurant Week becomes Restaurant Week To Go, with takeout and delivery options at over 500 New York City restaurants from January 25 through January 31. Each restaurant will have a lunch and dinner meal option for $20.21.
But the deal gets even sweeter if you choose to pay with a Mastercard. You’ll receive a $10 statement credit for each transaction of $20.21 or greater, up to $100 back. That means you can score a takeout meal for about $10 (and change) from a variety of top restaurants across the city, up to 10 times.
For more TPG news and reviews delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To enjoy this tasty deal, you first have to pre-register your Mastercard. Simply enter your name, card information and check a few boxes. Once you’ve registered your card, browse through the restaurant selections and place your pickup or delivery order through the individual restaurant’s website, Seamless, Grubhub or Tock.
Make sure to pay with the same Mastercard you pre-registered with and the statement credit should kick in within five days of the purchase.
Similar to previous Restaurant Week offers, each establishment has a specific menu for the $20.21 deal. But with over 500 spots to choose from, you have no shortage of options.
If you’re like us, you know that this deal can get you more than just a $10 Mastercard statement. For instance, the Citi Premier® Card earns 3x ThankYou points per $1 at restaurants and is offering a sign-up offer of 80,000 ThankYou Rewards points (worth $1,360 based on TPG valuation) after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
The recently introduced Chase Freedom Flex is another great Mastercard option, with no annual fee and 3x earnings at restaurants. Finally, you can also earn 4% cash back on dining purchases with the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card — also a Mastercard. The card has a $95 annual fee. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you don’t have a Mastercard but still want to take advantage of Restaurant Week, make sure to check out our list of best credit cards for dining out.
Additional reporting by Caroline Blair.
Featured Image courtesy of Carol Yepes/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees