Enjoy free breakfast and dinner when staying at The St. Regis Maldives in May 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The St. Regis Maldives is one of the most aspirational points hotels in the world, but also one of the most expensive. Even if you redeem Marriott Bonvoy points to snag a free room, you’ll still have to contend with a $695 round-trip seaplane transfer cost and some incredibly expensive food and drink on the remote island. Holding Platinum or higher elite status with Marriott can take the sting out of it if you select free daily breakfast as your welcome amenity, but the cost of other meals and activities can add up very quickly.
For anyone who’s been eyeing a trip to the Maldives but is hesitating because of the cost, Marriott has a new promotion that might be of interest. Now through May 31, 2020, you can book a half-board room — meaning free daily breakfast at Alba and daily dinner at select restaurants (set menu excluding beverages) — using the promo code”ES1.”
The rates for this promo appear to be about $300 higher than the best available rate. While this promo doesn’t mention anything about award stays, if you search for award nights at the St. Regis Maldives in May 2020 and click in to the rate details you’ll see a notification that all award stays during May include this half board.
Alba is the only restaurant at the hotel that’s open for breakfast, and it offers both a buffet and an a la carte menu. The Maldivian eggs Benedict with crab and curry-infused hollandaise are a huge hit, and I also loved the lobster and caviar omelette. The attentive service is one of the best features of the St. Regis Maldives, and by our second day on site we were greeted at Alba with the same coffee, smoothies and fruit plate we’d ordered the morning before without even having to ask.
May is the beginning of the rainy season in the Maldives, but if you go at the beginning of the month you might luck out with good weather. There’s currently award availability at the St. Regis Maldives every day of May, with prices ranging from 70,000 (off-peak) to 85,000 (standard) points per night for this Category 8 hotel. You can also take advantage of Marriott’s fifth night free to score an instant 20% discount.
Standard awards at this property book into garden villas, but if you’re interested in staying in one of the overwater villas that have made the Maldives so popular, you can upgrade your stay using either cash or points.
The St. Regis Maldives is about as bucket-list as they come, and absolutely worth the long trip and expensive cost. This current half-board promotion can save you several hundred dollars over the course of your stay, even more if you don’t have Marriott elite status and wouldn’t have normally been eligible for free breakfast. Just remember that May is the beginning of the rainy season, so ideally you’ll want to plan a longer trip in case some of your time on this island paradise gets rained on.
Featured photo by Ethan Steinberg/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees