How you can stream television shows and movies for free every night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We know what you’ll be doing on Friday night … and, well, every night after. It’s time for happy hour. Virtual happy hour, that is.
While we’re all staying home right now in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, we have a feeling you might be looking for a few things to keep you (and your family) occupied, happy and inspired.
The good news is that the live television streaming service, Sling TV, is offering new customers access to free, primetime television and movies between the hours of 5 p.m. and midnight EST every night.
All you have to do is register for free on the Sling website.
While we won’t be flying in the near future, you know we still always love a good deal here at TPG, and this fits the bill quite nicely.
The initiative, called “stay in and sling,” gives customers access to the Sling Blue service, which includes more than 50 live channels, as well as free cloud DVR service and over 50,000 on-demand movie titles. You can also have simultaneous viewing on three screens if you need to establish a bit of personal space at home.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
There’s something on Sling TV for everyone. If you don’t currently have cable, this is a great (not to mention free!) way to catch up on your favorite shows, movies and stay on top of the news. You can stream breaking news from channels like CNN, Fox and MSNB, or, if you’d rather take a break from the news cycle, tune in to channels such as Bravo, A&E and HGTV and stay occupied for hours.
If you have kids, they’ll no doubt love watching Nick Jr. and Cartoon Network. Sports fans also get a free preview of the NFL RedZone channel and can catch up on all the football your heart desires.
Movie buffs: You’re in luck, too. You can stream a handful of popular films, including “Rocketman,” “Trolls,” “The Avengers,” “Suicide Squad” and more. Just don’t forget the popcorn.
Most importantly though, if you — like us — also have a bad case of travel wanderlust, you’ll want to tune in to National Geographic or even the Food Network to get a virtual escape from the world for a moment.
You can stream Sling TV from any device, including Apple TV, Roku, iOS, Samsung, LG and more.
So sit back, relax, pour yourself your favorite drink and start queuing up your favorite show. Sign up here for your complimentary access to Sling TV’s happy hour.
Featured photo by Phil Barker/Future Publishing/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.