This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and Kensington Palace has revealed where Meghan Markle will be spending her last night as a commoner: Cliveden House Hotel. The estate announced that it will be closed to other guests leading up to the royal nuptials on Saturday.
Accompanied by her mother, the duchess-to-be will stay at the five-star luxury hotel in Berkshire Taplo, about nine miles north of Windsor Castle. Built in 1666, the estate was once the home of Prince Frederick of Wales, and it was later visited by Queen Victoria.
Royal watchers are predicting that Meghan will stay in the hotel’s Lady Astor Suite — demurely dubbed on the hotel’s website as “one of the very grandest suites in England” — the suite is large enough to fit “up to 60 people for a wedding ceremony.” The 800-square-foot suite also features antique furniture, original art, a large private terrace and sweeping views of the Thames River.
A stay in the Lady Astor Suite will set you back £1,535 per night (or just over $2,000).
The hotel has a total of 38 rooms, including 15 spacious suites, a summerhouse by the Thames, a boathouse and boats, heated pool, a spa and a range of sporting and leisure facilities.
TPG reached out to Cliveden House, but the hotel did not comment on the royal pre-wedding stay.
If you’d like the royal treatment at Cliveden House, there is no Prince Charming required. Amex Fine Hotel & Resorts program can help you out.
Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees