For $2,000 You Can Feel Like a Princess in Meghan Markles’ Pre-Royal Wedding Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and Kensington Palace has revealed where Meghan Markle will be spending her last night as a commoner: Cliveden House Hotel. The estate announced that it will be closed to other guests leading up to the royal nuptials on Saturday.
Accompanied by her mother, the duchess-to-be will stay at the five-star luxury hotel in Berkshire Taplo, about nine miles north of Windsor Castle. Built in 1666, the estate was once the home of Prince Frederick of Wales, and it was later visited by Queen Victoria.
Royal watchers are predicting that Meghan will stay in the hotel’s Lady Astor Suite — demurely dubbed on the hotel’s website as “one of the very grandest suites in England” — the suite is large enough to fit “up to 60 people for a wedding ceremony.” The 800-square-foot suite also features antique furniture, original art, a large private terrace and sweeping views of the Thames River.
A stay in the Lady Astor Suite will set you back £1,535 per night (or just over $2,000).
The hotel has a total of 38 rooms, including 15 spacious suites, a summerhouse by the Thames, a boathouse and boats, heated pool, a spa and a range of sporting and leisure facilities.
TPG reached out to Cliveden House, but the hotel did not comment on the royal pre-wedding stay.
If you’d like the royal treatment at Cliveden House, there is no Prince Charming required. Amex Fine Hotel & Resorts program can help you out.
Featured photo by Patrick Foto/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees