For $2,000 You Can Feel Like a Princess in Meghan Markles’ Pre-Royal Wedding Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and Kensington Palace has revealed where Meghan Markle will be spending her last night as a commoner: Cliveden House Hotel. The estate announced that it will be closed to other guests leading up to the royal nuptials on Saturday.
Accompanied by her mother, the duchess-to-be will stay at the five-star luxury hotel in Berkshire Taplo, about nine miles north of Windsor Castle. Built in 1666, the estate was once the home of Prince Frederick of Wales, and it was later visited by Queen Victoria.
Royal watchers are predicting that Meghan will stay in the hotel’s Lady Astor Suite — demurely dubbed on the hotel’s website as “one of the very grandest suites in England” — the suite is large enough to fit “up to 60 people for a wedding ceremony.” The 800-square-foot suite also features antique furniture, original art, a large private terrace and sweeping views of the Thames River.
A stay in the Lady Astor Suite will set you back £1,535 per night (or just over $2,000).
The hotel has a total of 38 rooms, including 15 spacious suites, a summerhouse by the Thames, a boathouse and boats, heated pool, a spa and a range of sporting and leisure facilities.
TPG reached out to Cliveden House, but the hotel did not comment on the royal pre-wedding stay.
If you’d like the royal treatment at Cliveden House, there is no Prince Charming required. Amex Fine Hotel & Resorts program can help you out.
Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee