This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and Kensington Palace has revealed where Meghan Markle will be spending her last night as a commoner: Cliveden House Hotel. The estate announced that it will be closed to other guests leading up to the royal nuptials on Saturday.
Accompanied by her mother, the duchess-to-be will stay at the five-star luxury hotel in Berkshire Taplo, about nine miles north of Windsor Castle. Built in 1666, the estate was once the home of Prince Frederick of Wales, and it was later visited by Queen Victoria.
Royal watchers are predicting that Meghan will stay in the hotel’s Lady Astor Suite — demurely dubbed on the hotel’s website as “one of the very grandest suites in England” — the suite is large enough to fit “up to 60 people for a wedding ceremony.” The 800-square-foot suite also features antique furniture, original art, a large private terrace and sweeping views of the Thames River.
A stay in the Lady Astor Suite will set you back £1,535 per night (or just over $2,000).
The hotel has a total of 38 rooms, including 15 spacious suites, a summerhouse by the Thames, a boathouse and boats, heated pool, a spa and a range of sporting and leisure facilities.
TPG reached out to Cliveden House, but the hotel did not comment on the royal pre-wedding stay.
If you’d like the royal treatment at Cliveden House, there is no Prince Charming required. Amex Fine Hotel & Resorts program can help you out.
Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees