For $2,000 You Can Feel Like a Princess in Meghan Markles’ Pre-Royal Wedding Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Royal Wedding is fast approaching, and Kensington Palace has revealed where Meghan Markle will be spending her last night as a commoner: Cliveden House Hotel. The estate announced that it will be closed to other guests leading up to the royal nuptials on Saturday.
Accompanied by her mother, the duchess-to-be will stay at the five-star luxury hotel in Berkshire Taplo, about nine miles north of Windsor Castle. Built in 1666, the estate was once the home of Prince Frederick of Wales, and it was later visited by Queen Victoria.
Royal watchers are predicting that Meghan will stay in the hotel’s Lady Astor Suite — demurely dubbed on the hotel’s website as “one of the very grandest suites in England” — the suite is large enough to fit “up to 60 people for a wedding ceremony.” The 800-square-foot suite also features antique furniture, original art, a large private terrace and sweeping views of the Thames River.
A stay in the Lady Astor Suite will set you back £1,535 per night (or just over $2,000).
The hotel has a total of 38 rooms, including 15 spacious suites, a summerhouse by the Thames, a boathouse and boats, heated pool, a spa and a range of sporting and leisure facilities.
TPG reached out to Cliveden House, but the hotel did not comment on the royal pre-wedding stay.
If you’d like the royal treatment at Cliveden House, there is no Prince Charming required. Amex Fine Hotel & Resorts program can help you out.
Featured photo by Patrick Foto/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.