‘Flight 1’: JetBlue To Debut Airbus A321neo Next Month on Florida Route
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue Airways appears to have firmed plans to debut its new Airbus A321neo on flights between Fort Lauderdale and New York John F. Kennedy in September.
The aircraft is scheduled to take-off on the aptly numbered “Flight 1” from JFK to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) at 9:58am on Sept. 24, according to Sabre data. This is the same date as previously reported but with a different flight number and time.
JetBlue outfits its “Core” A321neo with 200 seats, including 42 Even More Space seats and 158 economy seats. The company has not released a premium Mint configuration for the new jet.
The New York-based carrier has not released images of the A321neo interior, but said in a blog post earlier in August: “The onboard experience is inspired by the same ideas and values that were important to… our founders when they first made seatback TV and customer comfort a priority. Now, it’s fully updated for the next 20 years with the latest in-flight entertainment technology, connectivity on every flight, incredible space and seat comfort, and a gorgeous cabin design.”
JetBlue’s first A321neo, registration N2002J, is named for its founder David Neeleman.
The A321neo debut between JFK and Fort Lauderdale would be symbolic for JetBlue. The airline operated its first-ever passenger flight on the route on Feb. 11, 2000.
JetBlue’s A321neo network will grow slowly after the JFK-Fort Lauderdale introduction. The airline expects just six of the aircraft by year-end, having delayed its remaining seven scheduled deliveries due to Airbus production issues.
The airline’s only other firm A321neo route is the launch of new service between Guayaquil (GYE) in Ecuador and JFK, slated for Dec. 5.
JetBlue will join American Airlines, Frontier Airlines and Hawaiian Airlines as US operators of the re-engined A321neo once it begin flying the jet in September.
JetBlue was not immediately available to comment on its inaugural A321neo flight.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees